Say hello to Phuglee my "new" 710 Wagon! (Lots 'o Pics)

O.D.D.

DZMike - Def gotta get those plates off the 2dr when I rebuild its struts arms, etc for the wagon. She has none and definitely could use some camber. @ stock height minus bumpers it is sitting high and and sloppy enough that I am sure I am getting weird pos camber during a corner with any bodyroll whatsoever. At the point I go to the trouble of doing suspension work, I will also be looking to lower the wagon SOME. Not slammed mind you cuz roads here tend to suck - and I dont really want to stiffin the crap out of the wagon.

Eyeballing gives me the impression that roughly 2 inches would level out the front control arms, seems kinda dumb for them to sit at the droopy angle they do now. (almost looks LIFTED). If this is how Nissan Meant these things to ride - its no wonder plates were the norm.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat the hell out of that H-165 open diff (when it drove) :lol:. . burnouts on dry pavement and wet easily with stock tires, had too much grip with 16x8 rears to lose traction ... the clutch/tranny died before the differential

.. I would say you're fine with the stock rear end, unless you're planning for more than 200hp and want to beat on the car

And no,, you don't want the fastest car you've ever driven to be a 3,500lb 40 year old station wagon with stock suspension/tires ... :lol:

"And no,, you don't want the fastest car you've ever driven to be a 3,500lb 40 year

old station wagon with stock suspension/tires ... :lol: "

I imagine all 4 tires attempted separate directions simultaneously. With the accompanying bodyroll and a couple good hills you could emulate a roller coaster with ease. (possibly with a barrel roll at the end if you REALLY tried)

Good to know you couldnt kill your Dif. Makes hunting a roadster LSD purely a hairbrained desire type of thing.

I've had the pleasure of Driving a well prepped 2000 roadster with a R190 locker, and DAMN those are fun (hence the egging to know if anyone has done this to a 710). Eliminates any hope of driving in the rain 100% safely, but if you like sliding...

Had to live with an open R160 while my LSD was rebuilt (3.7 - 3.9), waaay more yaw - loose on canyon roads, and annoying to Auto-x. Turns the whole thing into an exercise in minimizing bodyroll.

Welded diffs suck but are fun, open diffs suck but are safe, lsds set loose are dangerous couse it is just as unpredictable as open, tight sucks couse it burns possi when you loose traction anyway.

Might look into volvo, ford has several, chevy might have some, toyota deffenatly looks promissing at first glance.

I like the welded diffs my self, but it deffenatly gets me inmore trouble than i can deal with.

I should imagine that the 510 goon rear end should swap into the 710. Hell some 610s had an H-190s. I just don't see why. The '80-'81 S110 rear axles will fit right into the 710. They have rear disc brakes and the e brake pulls into the center just like the 710s.

I should imagine that the 510 goon rear end should swap into the 710. Hell some 610s had an H-190s. I just don't see why. The '80-'81 S110 rear axles will fit right into the 710. They have rear disc brakes and the e brake pulls into the center just like the 710s.

Now THAT is good to know. - never wanted 200sx brakes b4. . Though I have never personally given them a chance - legend has it that they tend to drag or "stick" due to calipers that are not self adjusting? Or something weird like that...again just what I have heard from 510 folk in the pro/con as using them for a conversion, and a naysayer who owned a 200sx in the past... (part of the reason my dime has 280zx drums)

If you have used them with success (as I am sure many people probl'y have) there is at least one mark in the other direction.

antenna is no problem, I may be missing clips on the rocker trim, One was broken for sure, any I have are donors for sure tho...

I talked to jassifrass's, the clips that secure the rocker panel trim, and the antenna would be great to finish up her wagon.

let me know if you have any good clips and if the antenna is good, ill take em

let me know if you have any good clips and if the antenna is good, ill take em

Took Pics for you but my GFz 'puter died and she needs one for work - so my netbook is cruisin with her for the week (at least)

I will try to post pics asap. Going to be out of town on weds-fri and if she still needs it, I will be without til next week.

I saved 5 rocker trim clips, the rest were broken or missing.

The Antenna is use-able but someone clipped the little ball off the end. Maybe the antenna can be removed from the mounts and replaced.

I will get them packed and shipped out next week on one of my days of (not going to know until tomorrow-weds when I see my sched)

Adam - I forgot, Whenever I get around to the 2dr, you can have its clips too... that may be late 2013 or early 2014 though...lol

If they are a finishing touch and driving her crazy to not have a full set, I could probably be persuaded to pull the rocker trim off next week and harvest more clips if needed. :)

And - Did I miss something about those pics? :confused: you said ...

"at redbanners suggestion here is the windsheild clips"

But I dont remember talking about windshield clips? :blush: Does this have to do with the rear window of the 2dr being held in place by rust and a prayer?

Not a 710 pic.... but nothing else to post until I gets me 'puter back from she who makes me whole....

26297_369456016382_3150606_n.jpg

Huh, I dont notice how old that shot is 'til I look closely... I have a kirkey seat now, and the very front of the car has been sprayed black (too many chips)

Taking the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca (I am shooting, not driving)

225545_544837829215_3343351_n.jpg

Worth mentioning This Roadster was one of only 2 cars that DROVE to this HSR event. (The other was an old ITC 510 owned by a buddy) Of those 2, it was the only one that survived. (510 blew trns)

Vintage Slix tied to rollbar, jack and tools in the trunk... GRASSROOTS hardcore. He finished ahead of 40% of the field.

Also worth mentioning... it took over a dozen Ford Lotus Cortinas to get 4 to finish :rolleyes:

It has NOW been repainted and retrimmed.... a Goddamn thing of beauty - and still sees constant track / Auto-x time. In fact this car is leading my Class, and will most likely win the season.

418631_10151223677051613_535365649_n.jpg

You cant see them (spinning) but those are original Hayashi Rims. also a goddamn thing of beauty.

Lol, the windsheild pics where ment for will, i must have got mixed up. Cool filler pics tho :cool:

That's okay - I'm here too!

Thanks.

ya guess i botched that one :blush:

At least the right pic made it to the right guy ( even if it was in a round about ass way ) :rofl:

I saved 5 rocker trim clips, the rest were broken or missing.

The Antenna is use-able but someone clipped the little ball off the end. Maybe the antenna can be removed from the mounts and replaced.

I will get them packed and shipped out next week on one of my days of (not going to know until tomorrow-weds when I see my sched)

ill take the clips and antenna, how much shipped to 97201?

It's a beutiful car,, I will send you a link to more pics in a month or 2:

7757979888_cac8f051b3_o.jpg

No worries on pics - I took over 800 of them at the HSR event... my buddy is a serious photo buff, he submitted them with an article he wrote about his car and the event. It got published in an Aussie Roadster Club Mag. I have a PDF of the mag spread with the pics I took, but cant get it onto Ratsun for you guys to see. (Too dumb to get 'puter to treat PDF like a Pic)

ill take the clips and antenna, how much shipped to 97201?

Adam, I will get them boxed and ready to go early next week, I already have the perfect box size for the antenna, (got a cam in it now) Cant imagine more than a couple of bucks for the postage. I can send you a paypal request when I get it figured out. Or I may just ship it for you cuz if its $2-3 bux its not worth the effort of paypal etc... Just dont forget about me when I am searching for some stupid thing in the future. (and believe me - i will be)

Gonna be stuck on a train for 8 hrs tomorrow, If I can take my Netbook, I will have pics for you, if not, then on sunday or monday. (depending how late I get back on sun)