Say hello to Phuglee my "new" 710 Wagon! (Lots 'o Pics)

O.D.D.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I know it has been a while since you have seen any progress on the wagon, and other than sanding the driverside doors and re-tagging it up with another rockin group...havent really done much.. Going to have to re-do the exhaust asap, Muffler is literally falling off, Rusted through the rear mount @ the pipe, and is currently being held on with welding wire

(quality!)

This is not to say I have been sitting on my thumbs. I didnt take any before shots...but my garage has just undergone a major transformation. Single car setup with 2 walls of shelving and benches....Moving in I was convinced I had all the space i would need for a good long while, and it only took 7 mos to bury myself in cool stuff.

Here is the handiwork afterwards - just have work surfaces to cleanup...80% of the stuff is getting use, but getting cluttered too.

293019_10151249322786383_1294508636_n.jpgz

We can now get to the far corner - Where I have my set of IMSA Cooper Lites. 2 Spare L18z and my L16 Mule motor. ! The last is a really fresh L24 I couldnt turn down - it was pulled running and happy so my buddy Derek could SR20 his Z. - a car now running h2oMeth built by someone who will soon be an airframe mechanic.If anyone could do the job right on little to no bucks, its Derek.. He just moved down to LA, and will be looking for work, if you know anyone who wants capable fab work done on their car...he has built everything from 175shot nitro Miatas to Stock Swaps and simple alterations. He is one of those sick bastards that LOVES wiring, circuits, electronics... anyone in LA or surrounding has a good chance of getting creative help for cheap.

i think ill pass on the antenna :D but thank you THOSE CLIPS HOWEVER, are freekn golden. PM me your paypal and ill send you some bux for them and shipping

If u dont want the antenna its probly gonna be trashed. I am happy to throw it in the box - no cost to you - Just in case. (if u are SURE you dont want it then its gone) There really isnt enough cost in shipping the clips to worry about... when I get back next week I will package them and if its over $5 maybe I will let yo buy me lunch via paypal, otherwise no worries.

I was kinda thinking about getting a shorty rubber antenna or going without one entirely. I dont like mounting them on the pillar, but having one centered in the rear (ala mini-cooper) might look kinda neat. I really dont listen to much radio, so unless i decide I want t for styling - its probably gonna stay off the car.

Related to that, I have to decide what I am going to do for mirrors Dont want to keep the stock single sider, dont want fender mirrors, and i dont know what size and shape would fit well. I am kinda leaning toward square mirrors of some kind, but it may be nice to have something round on the car other than the headlights. I like the little bullet style mirrors on 510's but they may look small and stupid on a wagon...hmnnnnnn

Thats kinda what I was sayin a few posts ago....dont need anything minor @ the moment, but I will eventually. Im sure you know how that goes. 'bout the only thing I could use is a pedal set to convert the 2dr to a stickshift. But thats not exactly a straight trade for 5 clips... lolol.

didnt Get a good one of the other side of the car - which was piled high with her stuff. She and i spent all sunday filling our shed with undesireable shit. its now Spare tranny and dif land for me, and gardenville to her. Good thing is I now have room to breathe and can find things without 30 min of shuffling sh*t.

421332_10151249325621383_436539165_n.jpg

Ha ha ha I call mine "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" (HRH reference, not you Matt)

h_rider_haggard_quote_she_who_must_be_obeyed_tshirt.jpg?w=460

And Yes - That is the quote I had in mind. Thankfully mine is pretty flexible - you have seen the pics, she has pretty much gotta be. Allmmooosst got her driving a Miata and going to Autox with me, but not yet. On the Plus side - She Loved a Nissan (frontier pickup) before meeting me, and she can drive stick... which is a MUST if the relationship is going to make it anywhere in my book.

Thats kinda what I was sayin a few posts ago....dont need anything minor @ the moment, but I will eventually. Im sure you know how that goes.

let me know, i ted to be at the JY a lot

'bout the only thing I could use is a pedal set to convert the 2dr to a stickshift. But thats not exactly a straight trade for 5 clips... lolol.

that and im on the hunt for one too ;)

For a bit of "WHERES WALDO" can you see...

1 The floor of the damn garage, and space to the front and left of the car (big improvement) :thumbup:

2 Some "borrowed" taxpayer property? (Stopsign and Postal crate)

3 Drooly 510 spare parts .. (Subi LSD on bench, swaybars in rafters, and clean spare hood)

4 Several random Datsun collectibles (510 hotwheels on display in rafter, nissan service dept sign, and 510 clock)

5 A little girls pink razor scooter. (To be painted and used for pit transport at events...ok maybe I will rock the pink for laughs)

6 a Cat toilet. (sprayed with #13 on drivers side..from when i did my door...lol)

547989_10151253399011383_108382606_n.jpg

This is my idea of a Carry on piece of luggage....Chillin across from me on the 8hr train ride home. I figure what I saved in shipping paid for 1/2 the ticket. No, i didnt go to San Diego for 2 rims. My folks live there and a longtime friend was visiting with his GFz fam. Got to do the vay-kay thing for 2 whole days (only my 2nd break this year)

May not have made any progress on the wagon while out of town, but I now have 2 full sets of "Z" 6 spokes. One set for dailies, the other for the V700 Kuhmos....I actually have 9 of these rims (had 10 but the damaged one was STOLEN - using it as a doorstop) so now I will actually have a full sized spare to toss in the trunk if I am going on a trip (Or want some rear ballast for balance)

These were a $40 steal from a really nice guy down south. I finagled my disabled dad into picking them up (Yes, im an asshole) like 6 mos ago, and they have been sitting in their garage waiting for me ever since. Pulled what looked like OFF ROAD tires off the damn things. i think they musta been on a pickup or something? Which doesnt make a lot of sense since I am pretty sure they have a different bolt pattern... so hmmnnnn

Little bits of progress at a time. Currently the status is "BANDWAGON" (terrible pun)

310296_10151259347421383_449660044_n.jpg

Now, I LOVE PRIMUS.... anyone who does will get why this is written on the side of my car, the rest of you.... buy their first album...do your homework, and stop listening to whatever crap Kenny G keeps selling you,

• Like 1

Now, if you have been paying attention thus far... you should notice the major change in rear wheel packaging.... now @ 205s on 14s

AND DONT MISS THE TRICK DUAL EXHAUST..... she modified that part all on her own.... i didnt have to lift a finger. :rofl:

579609_10151259347291383_1933196121_n.jpg

I almost wanna spray " stay back....sh*t falls off" on the gate."

Well it finally happened... i am taking panels off. Well, hood and cowl at least. Did this all last night and ALLLLMMMOOOSSST parked it out in the driveway cuz i dont like leaving the 510 out.... woke up to TORRENTIAL rain this AM.. I was both pissed and relieved and pissed again.... 510 out in the rain (pissed) wagon NOT in rain with hood and cowl off, (relieved) 2dr is FILLING with h2o via many rust holes and no cover (pissed again)

D'oh!

198690_10151269366166383_1496538829_n.jpg

398285_10151269366431383_1705299108_n.jpg

427934_10151269366506383_670935600_n.jpg

First parts to come off the 2dr.... going to spray these real quick, as well as the interior of the grill/headlight panel...for consistent color behind the grill . After re-mounting it temprarily, i really notice how much you can see through it now that it is black.

Rain is stopping, HURRAY! Back to workin on it ...its my day off!

• 4 weeks later...