Another NEW STICKER!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading his other thread, he'd be more welcome then you over there any day of the week. You all can keep the kid stuff over here on the mighty Ratsun. I may have to buy one of these myself if you can put Ratsun on the bottom somewhere. LOL

Look out everyone, captain planet is here!

Rag&Bones, be careful, he might try to sue you because you used BRE stripes on your logo that are similar to his.

• Like 2

I am just trying to figure out why all the fuss, as long as he sent me one of them if it was my ride, I personally wouldn't care. Nowadays, if it hits the world wide web copyrights don't amount to shit unless you use the paper to wipe with, hell ask the movie and music industry. :frantics: I am guessing that Yuta nor Mavin doesn't care either or they would have already popped in and said something and the Mods would have canned it. I'm sure more than one of the hellaflushed crew has told them by now. As Micro said, lose the sand out of your puss guys and get over it, and Bones, Skib is right, pick a better car, hell there has to be better images of all the Dattos that would make the trimming and transfer alot easier.

And if you do the FU BRE in vinyl Ill take 2 along with 2 of the DBD ones with a 720 kc! and you have my permission to use my rigs image! ;)

And if you do the FU BRE in vinyl Ill take 2 along with 2 of the DBD ones with a 720 kc! and you have my permission to use my rigs image! ;)

on it :thumbup: will post pics when they are ready. And if you wana send me pic of your rig along with with a 37 page legal document waving any rights you may have to the image that would be great cause I would hate to make anyone mad....

Read the other thread.

My take:

Use your own pictures, it is easy enough to go outside and take a pic of your car. Hell, you could come on here and ask for a pic to use and have plenty of volounteers for a free sticker or two.

I have had people take my pics and use them to sell shit. Pissed me off when I found out, had they asked first I may not have had a problem with it depending on the usage.

Rag&Bones, it seems to me you are just starting off in graphic design/sticker making. I understand you want to make cool stuff and maybe a couple bucks, but when you see one of your pictures/artwork that you took of your car or whatever on a t-shirt at Target or Nordstrom that you never gave permission to be used commercially you will understand intellectual property a bit better (this happens all the time BTW). I would also hope at that point you would lawyer up and make the offending party pay for the usage. ;)

P.S. Like the bre sticker lol, just remember to think about how you would feel if someone took your artwork and sold/used it commericially without your permission.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1343149707' post='725125']

Read the other thread.

My take:

Use your own pictures, it is easy enough to go outside and take a pic of your car. Hell, you could come on here and ask for a pic to use and have plenty of volounteers for a free sticker or two.

I have had people take my pics and use them to sell shit. Pissed me off when I found out, had they asked first I may not have had a problem with it depending on the usage.

Rag&Bones, it seems to me you are just starting off in graphic design/sticker making. I understand you want to make cool stuff and maybe a couple bucks, but when you see one of your pictures/artwork that you took of your car or whatever on a t-shirt at Target or Nordstrom that you never gave permission to be used commercially you will understand intellectual property a bit better (this happens all the time BTW). I would also hope at that point you would lawyer up and make the offending party pay for the usage. ;)

P.S. Like the bre sticker lol, just remember to think about how you would feel if someone took your artwork and sold/used it commericially without your permission.

I would just like to say this one more time, 5 dollar stickers.

the minimum you can sue for infringment rights is 250,000 dollars

5 dollar stickers on ratsun forum. Its a hobby, i could car less if someone put my stickers on there a shirt, it will never happen.

Am I the first person to use the internet to find images am I? ever?

not to mention the image has changed media and has been significantly altered enough to not infinge on the origanal image, that just so happen this time to be someones friend of a friend.

Lawyer up really? again, I am making random car stickers for FUN, i would need to be making thousands a of dollars to justify paying a lawyer

The only reason iam even selling them is to cover my cost, if i could give them away i would

Vinyl+vinyl cutter+my time to cut+ evelope and postage+ gas to go mail, how much you think iam making? I only posted them cause i thought you guys might get a kick and want one for your tool box or something. thats why in the original thread i said i was making a bunch of different ones for other cars, was trying to make something the community would enjoy.

So dont think for a second that iam "making all this money". Screw it make your own stickers, aint worth this much drama

.. aint worth this much drama

'Nuff said.

Hey man, if I could offer a bit of advice, I'd say just this: Don't push it. You had a bit of support in your original thread, but don't go postal. Not worth it. Nobody here is attacking you, and there's no need to answer constructive criticism with hostility: it was a hypothetical situation in which Redeye said, "lawyer up". Don't take it out of context.

I'm excited to see some more of your ideas, but just chill.

• Like 1

I'm an s30 owner ... and I'm not particulary into that first sticker anyways lol .. :console: not knocking as it looks well done .. just not my taste in "trend" :)

BUT ... in the future if you decide to make some more available of some non-slammed z's in the dirt...

Hell I might send you some pics of my 240z(s) with my permission just for some cool stickers of it to swag on! :lol:

I would def look and consider buying regardless :) ! ... I'm sure other people would too !

^ This. Especially with 100 posts.

Show a little class, and keep your "fuck you's" to yourself.

Here's my take: You whined about people pointing out the issue with you using someone's image / car / logo and responded, "If you don't like it, screw you".

How about this: If you don't like people pointing out the issue with you using someone's image / car / logo, well, "screw you".

See? It works both ways. Make your stickers and quit getting butthurt.

So dont think for a second that iam "making all this money". Screw it make your own stickers, aint worth this much drama

1st: I never said you were "making all this money".

2nd: I do make my own stickers - with my own artwork or the artists permission (see how that works) - in fact I seem to remember sending you a rather large sticker for free....

3rd: You are correct

4th: Indy :rofl:

• Like 1

Very nice.

I've been banned for way less than this before :).

I Know Right! thats what im fkin talking about there kaoss.... you get a +1 for saying it before i could

Onto brass tacks! No one here is a lawyer, so stop giving legal advice. But the ACTUAL professional artists that's cool, inform him of what they know, as an artist and not an interwebz lawyer that grad-e-a-tud form the school of no one gives a fk.... and so far i have noticed a few people claiming highly incorrect things about laws and intellectual property (I have gone to court over having my int. prop. copied, but i'm not a lawyer so my OPINION of what the law states is just that an opinion and will stay to myself).

And lastly.... stop arguing.... go fking work on your dattos, drink a beer, eat a steak, get laid and chiiiiiilllll the fk out peeps...

^ This. Especially with 100 posts.

Show a little class, and keep your "fuck you's" to yourself.

Here's my take: You whined about people pointing out the issue with you using someone's image / car / logo and responded, "If you don't like it, screw you".

How about this: If you don't like people pointing out the issue with you using someone's image / car / logo, well, "screw you".

See? It works both ways. Make your stickers and quit getting butthurt.

Deep breath taken, you guys are right I was spazing out there for a minute.

So here is what I am guna do, in a unespected twist my fake "FU" stickers has struck a cord and is quit popular so Iam guna do a run of the retarted hand made and some actual vinyl ones. so far i have 4 for the hand made and 4or 5 for the vinyl so let me know if you want one and i will get them out to you.

Also for the car stickers, send me picks of your cars and I will make it a sticker!!

Send your images to cruelaswinter@gmail.com

I will pick the best pics from each model and make a "Death Before Domestic" sticker for each of them, If i use your car you get a free sticker and a naked picture of my dog edgar!

• Like 1