ruby (510 wagon L20B 5-speed driver build)

Joel, those lit a fire up under my ass. Nice work! I have a feeling your red wagon will have an uglier twin in Hawai'i.

I just received my Libres. They are in really great shape. The only junk part is the weights to balance them are right on the chrome. UGLY. I'm going to a balancing shop to see if they can be balanced without showing weights on the outside.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sprayed some self etching primer over the bare metal as I worked all the little spots.  Now I'm wondering if I need to take it all off before Epoxy Primer.  I've read plenty of people on both sides of the fence.  And has anyone stripped this wheel well undercoat off before?  What's the best way? 

I want a chemical shortcut :crying:

You could try dry ice. Wear some heavy leather gloves and hold dry ice up to the stuff... once it freezes it should be easy to quickly chip off. Its the fastest way Ive removed interior sound deadening from cars. 

Triston.  Dope!  Even if it doesn't work, I'm having fun playing with dry ice.  I'm thinking of spraying liquid nitrogen as an alternative, since holding up ice seems difficult.  Spray freeze seems like a good way to achieve the same result.  I need a BIG wart freeze machine.  

Triston.  Dope!  Even if it doesn't work, I'm having fun playing with dry ice.  I'm thinking of spraying liquid nitrogen as an alternative, since holding up ice seems difficult.  Spray freeze seems like a good way to achieve the same result.  I need a BIG wart freeze machine.  

Yeah normally I just chip it all up and lay it on the floor pans so theres no awkwardness to applying it. I agree it could be weird holding it up like that, but wanted to throw it out there just in case. Liquid nitrogen would be nice, but I doubt that a canister and sprayer would be easy to obtain or cheap. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just the local fab shop.  Want a couple?  I paid around $70 I think, but I had to finish the ends all by hand.  You could get those made on Oahu for sure.  I just cut a thin piece of plywood to the profile, and they matched it.  Worked great.  

I just laid on the high build primer.  I'd post pics, but it looks exactly the same as the Epoxy.  Next will be color.