Sick620s potato hauling, barn find 1970 510!

So this is my new 510 $400 and i pick it up in a few weeks. its been sitting since 99. its a 70 and the older lady has had it since 72. she got it from the dealer and it was some sort of display vehicle... the car has lived at its current home since 72 and after it started smoking in 99 it got parked by the large shed where it is currently. She would drive it to oregon with the back seat removed hauling potatos. she has the seat and its in good shape... no floor board rust. no trunk rust. just a little rocker rust. and as you can see the only major issue is the rear quarter rust on each side in the same place. all glass is good, all lenses are good, all panels are mostly straight. door panels and dash are good. seats are horrible.

SAM_0141.jpg

SAM_0139.jpg

SAM_0138.jpg

SAM_0137.jpg

SAM_0134.jpg

SAM_0133.jpg

SAM_0132.jpg

SAM_0130.jpg

SAM_0129.jpg

SAM_0125.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

SAM_0122.jpg

SAM_0121.jpg

SAM_0120.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_0118.jpg

SAM_0117.jpg

SAM_0114.jpg

SAM_0113.jpg

SAM_0112.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw you said it's a 1970, but the dash, speedo, front fenders, grill, and rear marker lights look to me like it's a 1969. It must of been a really early 1970 or it's a 1969 that was titled as a 1970. I could be wrong though... Either way, it looks like an awesome find. I'm totally jealous. :thumbup:

I saw you said it's a 1970, but the dash, speedo, front fenders, grill, and rear marker lights look to me like it's a 1969. It must of been a really early 1970 or it's a 1969 that was titled as a 1970. I could be wrong though... Either way, it looks like an awesome find. I'm totally jealous. :thumbup:

the door tag on it says 9/69 ....

Funny, as it is definitely a 69 model year. The grill, antenna, dash, sidemarkers, rear door window dividers are all signs of it being a 69, and my guess is you are going to need a 69 wiring diagram. A 70 wiring diagram will mess you up as your try and diagnose anything.

Maybe. My car is a 12/70, definitely a 71. but an 8/70 may still be a 70.

My friends 521 is a 4/71 and is registered as a 71.

It really just depends on its production date, and the lag of getting to the states, and then finally bought. Registration is simply when the car was originally bought. Door card is manufacturer date, but is not really the model year either.

But seriously, your car is a 69, as you have very specific 69 only parts on the car. Like the rear side markers on 69 only. A lot of the stuff I listed is actually 68/69. 510s are very much studied, and every little detail has been noted. There are year changes for every year.

70 got a new dash, square side markers, antenna has been moved to passenger side A pillar. and a bunch of other stuff.