FINALLY FOUND ME A KING CAB!

DatDoug

:thumbup:

Been searching Hi(as far NORTH as Bellingham) & Low(as far SOUTH as Eugene) for a 620 King Cab. Been looking for over a year now. Well I finally found the one B)

Its a red 79 that I picked up today in Troutdale Oregon. It was definitely worth the 3 hour drive in the rain. It has less than 90K on the odometer! It has the chrome trim package, plaid interior, perfect crack-free dash, super str8 almost rust-free body, INTERMITTENT wipers & a stereo. It purrs like a kitten & drives so smooth. My only dislikes are the body moulding, only a 4speed & the rims.

My immediate plans are to just clean her up, buff the paint, lower 3" in the back & 5" in the front, new rims & tires & lose the big back bumper. Then daily drive B)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Been searching Hi(as far NORTH as Bellingham) & Low(as far SOUTH as Eugene) for a 620 King Cab. Been looking for over a year now. Well I finally found the one B)

Its a red 79 that I picked up today in Troutdale Oregon. It was definitely worth the 2 hour drive in the rain. It has less than 90K on the odometer! It has the chrome trim package, plaid interior, perfect crack-free dash, super str8 almost rust-free body, INTERMITTENT wipers & a stereo. It purrs like a kitten & drives so smooth. My only dislikes are the body moulding, only a 4speed & the rims.

My immediate plans are to just clean her up, buff the paint, lower 3" in the back & 5" in the front, new rims & tires & lose the big back bumper. Then daily drive B)

Congrats Doug! is that the one that was on CL?

Yah it was on the Portland list.

Yeah, I saw it. Cant wait to see it in person at the next get together.

Hey did you see my posting in thr "620s Unite" thread? I dug out the picture you took of my truck a few years ago as a "before" and posted it along with a pic from the Old School Reunion as an "after" pic.

I am, amongst other things, a plagerist. :)

• Like 1

I liked your rising sun 620 you had. That was clean also with the cool GM wheels. Where is it now?

I sold that to a local guy in Silverdale about 5 years ago. Then I saw it on Craigslist the next year & bought it back. Then I sold it to my Brother down in Vancouver. He loves that thing.

Got the rims cleaned up today. Dont really like them but they cleaned up nice & dont look to bad. Good fro now $ with my low budget........ B)

Also cleaned the interior. Not much to it other than pulling the center console, seats 7 carpet to clean the floor (vacuum) Tomoro I will be getting it licensed & Washing up the exterior.

001.jpg006-1.jpg008-1.jpg