Chevy II = 510's Big Brother

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or "I'd better reword the title because of all the sandy vags" thread.

I'm a "stupid noob" because I pointed out that I have an appreciation for both cars and think they are similar? Ummmmm, okay. I'm not saying the Chevy II is a better car, I just happen to think of them as a bigger version of the 510, that's all.

• Like 1

If anything the Chevy II and the B110 (1200) shared the same positions in their respective lineup. The 510 was probably more equal to the Chevelle. I like Chevy II and 510s too. I just disagree with your premise that the "510 is sort of a pocket Chevy II". I can assure you, my vag is completely sand-free. I can't speak for Kami.

Point taken, DRIVEN. The comparison between the 510 and the Chevelle probably is a better one in regard to their respective positions. I have seen Chevy IIs and 510s set up for drag racing, road racing and street use and apart from the size difference, I've always been struck by the similarities: small, boxy, economy sedans that are lightweight and easy to make fast.

Ok, im back ......sandy vaginans aside

I think the real 510 brother maybe the only one would be the BMW 2002 ..much like the one me and my sons pulled outta it`s death spiral ,,just yesterday.

1968 but earlier versions were built i think starting in 1966

Independent rear suspension ,,, standard

Front disc brakes ,,,standard

4 speed manual ,,,standard

and overhead cam 1600 ,, standard

Oops did i mention it`s in my front yard..

522003-1.jpg

522004-1.jpg

522005-1.jpg

Well, they occupy the same position in their respective manufacturers lineups, they have a similar shape, they are both light weight and they both make great racers. Are they the same car? Absolutely not.

not the same car at all but the original Chevy II (like the 510) did come with a four cylinder engine, at least in '62. these orphaned, almost forgotten engines slip very nicely into a Model A Ford. some folks even retain the "A"'s gravity feed, cowl mounted fuel tank and do away entirely with a fuel pump.

Damn, there were some sandy 'ginas at the start here! :) I'd say similar in the idea of a no-frills sedan with fairly boxy styling that can be pushed to the limits with excellent results, while still looking great. Direct comparison, a shoebox Nova is a much bigger car. But I'd still drive it. Especially a 6 second Nova.

Here's a Datsun that is almost that fast that did more with less. :D

• Like 1