My new investment 1925 Chev with 23" wheels, wooden.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics of that crazy belt/chain/friendship bracelet/whatever's driving your water pump.

Yeah I was going to say thats not original. Ive seen some belts like that before... theyre like a hardened plastic and look similar to a chainsaw blade turned inside out so the teeth face in and not out.

Very cool. What's that hanging from the ceiling in front of it?

Those first pictures were taken from the guy I bought from so no idea sorry.

More pics of that crazy belt/chain/friendship bracelet/whatever's driving your water pump.

Yes the fan belt is certainly different, they interlink so you can make it to length.

DSC00323.jpgDSC00322.jpg

that is so nice

Thanks guys, yes very happy with the purchase and so is my son Archer.

DSC00330-Copy.jpg

Took it for an 80km/50mile drive yesterday and what an experience it was. I'm guessing you can't balance wooden wheels as accurate as what you can with modern wheels, obviously. All in all I was pretty happy with it for a car that was nearly 90 years old.

• Like 1

i dare you to put one of the "yes this is my truck, no i won't help you move" stickers on it

I haven't seen these stickers but certainy a good idea with my family.

You should put a pair of those Truck Balls on it.

What? Never heard of them.

looks like its leaking coolant.

Yes it's coming from a screw cap on the water pump and leaks a little oil also. Not expecting too much for 90 year old engineering and won't be driving it enough to warrant fixing it.

Is that twist lock belt popular down under? We use them on equipment over here to reduce vibration like on a table saw. I've always wondered if they would work in a car.

I'm not sure, I have never seen this type of belt before.

Took me a minute to notice, rhd. Very Cool! Thats a real nice lookin old truck.

Thanks mate.

That last picture is adorable, haha!

WOW that is beautiful your son is a happy boy

Nice to meet you Archer, take care of your daddy and drive safe! :thumbup:

Thanks guys, yeah he's a great kid. When he gets a little older I want to buy him a Ford Model A 3 or 5 window coupe for a father son project.

ashamed to admit its prob only an America thing

dumb rednecks like to hang them from their truck hitches.

truck%2Bballs_1.JPG

119821210_4fed5a78cd_z.jpg

truck_balls.jpg

redneck-randall.jpg

for what reason I do not know... .. I stay away from the south.

bb.jpg

I haven't seen these stickers but certainy a good idea with my family.

http://www.zazzle.com/yes+this+is+my+truck+bumperstickers

ashamed to admit its prob only an America thing

i keep hoping to see a picture of a canadian truck with truck nuts.... at least i can point and say "see, we aren't the only ones" kinda like when you hope to see another kid picking his nose so you know yours isn't the only one doing it

Okay then, I guess some people wear their heart on their sleeve and others wear their balls on their hitch.

hahaha

Cool truck, it looks like it's in great shape!

My Dad has a 1926 Chevy coupe, with solid steel wheels. Your truck looks better!

His car has an aluminum radiaor shell. So I'm wondering if the shell on your truck is painted steel or alumninum?

i keep hoping to see a picture of a canadian truck with truck nuts.... at least i can point and say "see, we aren't the only ones" kinda like when you hope to see another kid picking his nose so you know yours isn't the only one doing it

hahaha

nah we don't do that, but we do strap americans to our bumpers. considering that usa is ranked as one of the most obese countries in the world the cushion effect is great and saves our bumpers from dents :rofl:

I was considering a '28 chev truck when I was 16