My truck was taken and I need a lawyer -HELP-

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he knows big foot, and they went and stole it together. Then they posed side by side in front of it and BF's spaceship. Unfortunately the radiation messed up the camera, as often happens when the big guy is around.

A picture is worth 1000 words. No explanation needed.

images.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, yall are killing me. Forgive me if I haven't responded in a timely manner. It's really hard to get motivated to respond to some of these posts. Hell, it's almost funny in a sad sort of way.

For those of you that offered words of wisdom, encouragement or advice, thank you very much.

For the rest of you... why? Interwebz tough guys.

And just so you know who you're talking about, I'm a 29 year old, 3 tour veteran of Iraq, married father of one. Not exactly a punk ass kid.

So how did I get it back... Well, I saw an add on craigslist for the truck, so I sent this:

2012-06-25_09-56-53.jpg

Strangely enough, later that night, I got this

2012-07-07_16-08-04.jpg

2012-07-07_16-08-13.jpg

And I got this:

IMAG0838.jpg

IMAG0837.jpg

IMAG0829.jpg

th_VIDEO0033.jpg

So this will be the end of the story. I learned a lesson, I got my truck back, it almost all worked out in the end. Now I have an excuse to put that not-so-stock LT1 that's gathering dust in the corner into the truck.

So this will be the end of the story. I learned a lesson, I got my truck back, it almost all worked out in the end. Now I have an excuse to put that not-so-stock LT1 that's gathering dust in the corner into the truck.

I don't think I'd bother with all that work, I'd go grab a good reliable L or Z series four cylinder and just get it back on the road, so you can finally enjoy it. It's an easy one day swap and you can have it back on the road. I know that if I worked this hard to get my car back I'd be dying to drive it no matter what engine was in it. Just my 2 cents.

Glad you got it back though :thumbup:

Now the motor's blown???

Yep. I'm sure he was zingin' down the interstate at about 6000 rpm and it spun a rod bearing.

That pictire of the engine makes it almost look like it caught fire. But maybe that's just the low light making the air cleaner look like post-fire rust, since the sticker is still there.

The pic of the engine is actually a video. If you click on it, you can hear death rattles.

I don't think I'd bother with all that work, I'd go grab a good reliable L or Z series four cylinder and just get it back on the road, so you can finally enjoy it. It's an easy one day swap and you can have it back on the road. I know that if I worked this hard to get my car back I'd be dying to drive it no matter what engine was in it. Just my 2 cents.

Glad you got it back though :thumbup:

Honestly, I've thought a lot about the same thing, but I would definitely NOT put an L or Z series back in. I got offered a KA24DE out of an S14, 150k miles, harness, pcm, ready to run for $300. So, the KA swap was on my mind for a time, but I just decided that I needed moar powar!

Now it's looking like LT1, T56 trans, Ferd 8.8 rearend, leaf springs relocated inside the frame rails, Yoder 5 lug hubs up front, and these wheels and gold painted centers.

GrandMarquis1.jpg

I may have to run these though depending on how wide my track width ends up.

DSC01193.jpg