520 from tijuana

toys4fun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super nice truck. You even have the two little reflectors on the rear of the truck. Those usually have fallen of decades ago!

Clean engine bay too, really nice. Where's the battery?

behind the seat, is a honda battery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love that truck, and another reason I love the 4 headlight look 520. now if only my wagon will look half as good! (and I'll stop boasting about it too ;)

just one observation, and it's not a criticism - the top radiator hose. can you not find a thermostat cover that points the outlet in the correct direction? just that the adjoining 180 degree hose looks like it might become excessively kinked such that it might inhibit flow. maybe fabricate a 180 degree elbow from stainless? anyway with these all iron beasts it's not such a worry, on something like a honda vtec highly stressed alloy engine you probably wouldn't make it to your work without the thing having an internal hemeorage!

keep posting the updates!

I love that truck, and another reason I love the 4 headlight look 520. now if only my wagon will look half as good! (and I'll stop boasting about it too ;)

just one observation, and it's not a criticism - the top radiator hose. can you not find a thermostat cover that points the outlet in the correct direction? just that the adjoining 180 degree hose looks like it might become excessively kinked such that it might inhibit flow. maybe fabricate a 180 degree elbow from stainless? anyway with these all iron beasts it's not such a worry, on something like a honda vtec highly stressed alloy engine you probably wouldn't make it to your work without the thing having an internal hemeorage!

keep posting the updates!

It looks like he is using a L block radiator with a J block engine, as the J block rad. has the outlet on the other side.