Acrylic Conceptions

So for the past 3 years or so my wife and I have been trying to purchase some equipment that will hopefully lead to our financial independence. Well about a month ago we were finally able to do so.

I will be laser engraving!! I have already started to make some "datsun/ratsun" items and I'm always looking to see what else I can make. I have a few ideas right now that I'm working on. Along with the engraving I'll be learning to use my vinyl plotter. But I think we're off to a good start. Might be teaming up with a paint ball shop to do their engraving on customer and shop guns, also look to be picking up a corporate account for a tray they need. Oh man I hope this comes together!

I can pretty much engrave on anything that fits into my machine. I did a unity vase that came out sick. I'll try to get a photo of it.... glass, tile, stone and acrylic.

So if you're in need of something, let me know. I will try to accommodate your needs.

Here are a few things I've been working on the last couple weeks....

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42471-datsunratsun-fender-emblems/

PaintBallGun.jpg

PaintBallGun2.jpg

2012-04-13165832.jpg

2012-04-13121552.jpg

510Glove_box_Insert.jpg

EMBLEM_TEST.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's neat. I bought a vinyl plotter at the first of the year, and registered an S corporation. So far it's been great, all the stuff has paid for itself at least 3 times now, and I'm considering quitting my 9-5 job :D Best of luck, and these are looking cool, can't wait to see what else you come up w/!

got the site back and up. I'll have the Datsun/Ratsun stuff up there this week I think.

That's neat. I bought a vinyl plotter at the first of the year, and registered an S corporation. So far it's been great, all the stuff has paid for itself at least 3 times now, and I'm considering quitting my 9-5 job :D Best of luck, and these are looking cool, can't wait to see what else you come up w/!

Thanks. I also have a plotter. I've yet to try to use it. I need to though. I want to cut my logo out for the truck.

Cool ass ratsun emblems dude. I was going to delete my emblems but now I want a guilt ratsun set with the grill badge.

Just let me know. I can scale the Rat'n'wrenches to different sizes too.

Hmm... If you can get black acrylic with a white face, you could laser replacement gauge faces.

Hmm.. Do you have access to acrylic that has like a gloss black surface but like a translucent white core? If its thin enough, you could make replacement gauge faces (swap the entire face) that could be back lit and still have fairly good contrast during the day.

Hmm... If you can get black acrylic with a white face, you could laser replacement gauge faces.

Hmm.. Do you have access to acrylic that has like a gloss black surface but like a translucent white core? If its thin enough, you could make replacement gauge faces (swap the entire face) that could be back lit and still have fairly good contrast during the day.

Yes there is a matte and a gloss black that engraves "clear". I use it to make display signs. its 1/16" thick. I can also do a few other colors too....

• 1 month later...

So I designed this for a member here..(pattern not the text). I'll have his final part done Friday for him. I made this out of some scrap stuff I had laying around. These are now available for the S13 SR-20 Motors (RWD). I can engrave pretty much anything you'd like. They will be made out of 1/8" acrylic sheets and will come with the attaching bolts.

If he allows I'll post a photo of the finished cover when I'm done...though he might want to wait till its on his motor =)

Price is probably going to be around $65 - $70 shipped in the US.

SR20_Cover.jpg

www.acrylicconceptions.com

• Like 1

WTB back lit gauge faces

I've been working with using copper clad PCB board and etching the gauge face with some success; but a laser etched acrylic with something like a smokey core and white face, etched, that replaced the metal faces would work awesome, especially with a selectable RGB LED swap in the lighting.

Shagy, how much to have these cut from white faced/smoke or grey acrylic?

AllGaugesPCB.png

It would have to be fairly thin though.. Maybe 2mm thick or so. I can color map which parts would be cut and which parts would just be etched if you like. Also the yellow and red on the RPMs would be etched different width solid lines instead of colored.

Interesting. When I gat back into cali I will work on it for you. Ill have to see if they offer the material id use in the 1/32...or not, what I use would be 1/16". But I will ask around if there are other options.

• Like 1

Interesting. When I gat back into cali I will work on it for you. Ill have to see if they offer the material id use in the 1/32...or not, what I use would be 1/16". But I will ask around if there are other options.

Sounds like a plan. 1/16th would probably work just fine. Looks like the only thing missing is the pin stops for the needle. I need to look at a gauge and see how that is done. I think it's behind the center of the gauge needle somewhere.