Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was James trying to get spudly to think about converting to RHD, as I am sure James has most if not all the required parts to do the conversion.

im sure the hardest part would be sourcing a dash, and steering components, most of everything else could be made to work. that would be quite the project!

im sure the hardest part would be sourcing a dash, and steering components, most of everything else could be made to work. that would be quite the project!

Lol thats all you need... 

'69s arent stamped for the holes in the firewall like '70+ so you would have to source a new firewall. 

this would be a good start

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-1600-BLUEBIRD-510-SSS-JDM-1969-SSS-PARTS-DASH-ASSEMBLY-L-K-/160992052593?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257bdfc571

for what it's worth, I bought my 240z shell for 200, with no rust, clean title and a crap ton of rare z parts.

Non-running, Z's are pretty cheap...

Yeah, I see peoples project Z's on CL all the time, if they don't run they go for dirt cheap!

My friend did a rhd swap on his wagon. Using s13 parts and then cut the Dash in 3 peices and swapped It over from lhd to rhd.

That paint went on so thin.... Theres 3 coats of primer, sanded in between number 2-3 and sanded before paint. And then 5 coats of that shitty paint that went on like water, and then 5 coats of clear. no wetsanding. and I doubt he will so ill never get to see how good it could really look....