Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, when I pick it up, ill start a new thread.. that will make it less confusing, and if the vision I have works out right, itll be basically a full ground up build and like new in the end...

Oh and did I mention that my dad was so against me giving up/parting/selling the Z that he for one said he will by it off me before he would let me sell it (with an IOU   :angel: ), and two is getting the materials to hang it from the ceiling in the shop this weekend... ill be sure to take pictures of that problem waiting to happen.

Oh and did I mention that my dad was so against me giving up/parting/selling the Z that he for one said he will by it off me before he would let me sell it (with an IOU   :angel: ), and two is getting the materials to hang it from the ceiling in the shop this weekend... ill be sure to take pictures of that problem waiting to happen.

Tell your dad that you dont care that hes family. Money talks... Sell that bish for sick 510 parts. 

Lol, hang the z from the ceiling. I wouldn't park the new 510 under that...

I just caught up on this thread, really sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you made it out. Also, your insurance company did well by you. My aunt backed into my parked 92 gsr and the insurance said they would only give me $900 for the car... I know it was an Acura, but it was worth more than that :(

Can't wait to see the next build. If I ever decide to run bags (can't decide between that or coils on the 620) I will begin picking the brains of you and Jrock :)

• Like 1

That poor hacked up car..................sad.   Atleast its getting recycled into more 510's.

Aslo...........................your dad should adopt me.

Yeah, im going to take what I need from it, then offer up the rest to anyone else who needs parts. the floors are good, im sure someone somewhere will be looking for those.

Tell your dad that you dont care that hes family. Money talks... Sell that bish for sick 510 parts. 

Im going to entertain him for  now, but when I need money parts are going to go... the problem is, most of my big money is in the motor tranny and wheels, the tranny already went in the e30... I would put the lt1 in there before I would sell it, and the wheels Id be lucky to get 800-1000 back out of. I cant imagine someone would want to buy my half finished, stripped, sandblasted shell.... although most all the rust has been fixed.. What do you think the shells worth to someone... a few hundred?

Lol, hang the z from the ceiling. I wouldn't park the new 510 under that...

I just caught up on this thread, really sorry to hear about the wreck but glad you made it out. Also, your insurance company did well by you. My aunt backed into my parked 92 gsr and the insurance said they would only give me $900 for the car... I know it was an Acura, but it was worth more than that :(

Can't wait to see the next build. If I ever decide to run bags (can't decide between that or coils on the 620) I will begin picking the brains of you and Jrock :)

I know... having it hanging will be just about as sketchy as using the elevator he built to get upstairs!

I was very surprised with the ins payout, everyone including myself did not expect nearly that much

I painted an engine bay for a buddy of mine over the last few days, it was my first time spraying anything, and I think it turned out alright, definitely gave me a little bit of experience before tackling a whole car.

Ill post some pics here in a few

were going to setup a makeshift paint booth in the corner of the shop (where my z currently resides) when it comes time to spray the new shell.

although most all the rust has been fixed.. What do you think the shells worth to someone... a few hundred?

At a bare minimum scrap price ($300 or so), but if youve done some work to it, maybe more. Especially if it has a clean title. 

At a bare minimum scrap price ($300 or so), but if youve done some work to it, maybe more. Especially if it has a clean title. 

That's what I was thinking, im sure all the other parts would add up, it would just take forever to get rid of them all.

On another note, my goal is the beginning of june, june 10th more specifically to have a running driving car. however I wont shortcut and rush to try and get it done faster. But if I get the body work and paint done in a few weeks, I don't think it should take toooo terribaly long to assemble, as long as I have all the new parts on hand.

That depends on what I do with the motor as well. I have three l series laying around now, i would think I should be able to get one running one. a friend of mine was trying to talk me into a single slammer ka but I dunno, then id boost it and blow the thing up lol.... oh wait... I already do that

So your goal is to have it ready for The Oldschool Reunion?

For what it's worth my race car is wrecked waaaaay worse than your car and I found a frame shop to fix mine. They're going to straighten everything and then weld steel plates over all the bends and tears in the frame etc. You might want to give that a try before cutting and welding another front clip in your car.

Well the whole rear half is now gone... a little too late to fix it. 

For what it's worth my race car is wrecked waaaaay worse than your car and I found a frame shop to fix mine. They're going to straighten everything and then weld steel plates over all the bends and tears in the frame etc. You might want to give that a try before cutting and welding another front clip in your car.

I had a local frame rack guy come look at it who does all the drift cars in the area. he straight up told me he doesn't know if he could pull it out, it would take him a full day of pulling to try, and by the end of that day he would know if it could be straight or not. I was looking at 700-1000 in frame rack work, then I have a somewhat straight car. so now I would have to find a core support, try and porter power my strut tower back into place, get a valence, fenders, all new front suspension, steering column and rack and in the end be into it more then what a min rust rolling shell is costing me... for what? a car that still has rusted out quarters, rockers, and trunk? and has been crashed once before?

It would have cost me just as much to fix this car properly, for what will hopefully be a nicer car in the end with a new shell

It sucked to accept it, but I had to cut my losses with it