Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

Cool, just got the exchange of info sent to me from the mt vernon PD, and who would have guessed, a mexican in mt vernon with no insurance...welp that fucking blows.

**i mean no offesne to hispanics on this forum**  and im really not racist, just pissed off

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the cops at least going to do anything about her driving without insurance? it seems only fair since if you get pulled over with no insurance you get a huge ticket...should crashing into an innocent datto somehow make it more okay?.....I dont think so.....

I feel your pain though, I wrecked my sisters car once when some guy decided it would be fun to turn into my lane without looking....sucked even harder when it happened again driving my friends car....luckily both drivers were insured but dealing with insurance was so stressful even though I was in no way at fault either time (both accidents were exactly the same) and both ended in the cars being totaled. I can only imagine how I'd feel if that had been a datto....honestly by not beating people up on the scene, you've already gotten through the hard part...

Well ive been thinking about what my plan is when i get nothing... Decided ill be selling my quad if that happens... 05 yfz450 bored and stroked to 503, its in pieces right now cause i was working on it this winter... but if you know anyone who might be interested let them know....itll be super clean and ready to go by that point...

Its a lot cleaner then when this picture was taken over a year ago (no stickers and overall cleaner)

fz_zpsb51dcfc2.jpg

i just saw this, as previously said, glad your OK and it is alot harder to fix you than the Dime.

i almost cried when i saw the pix. one of my favorite 510's on Ratsun (no offense to any of the others)

Anyway, glad to hear your doin OK and that your 42 year old car kept you safer then this modern airbag crap would have.

a little update for those that care.

I dropped off the ticket, a copy of the police report, and all the information with a lawyer today.

Monday I talked with my ins company. She had just got a copy of he police report and was not happy with how it was written and how he came to conclusions with no evidence and two opposing witnesses. She told me to fight the ticket cause that would be the last piece to the puzzle.

She also informed me that we do have uninsured motorists on our policy, and she is starting the process of getting the car appraised. She said they are still working out fault, and since the other lady doesn't have ins to argue her side, its up to them to make the call on fault. She said a payout wont be likely until after the court date for the ticket. (I know it wont be much, im just hoping for enough to find a shell)

Heres what the officer said in he police report that he based fault and my ticket off of.

""Veh 2 was SIB on Urban Ave in the left turn lane to go E/B onto E College Way. Veh 1 was W/B on E College Way. Vehicles on E College Way were stopped for the red light. Veh 1 proceeded through the intersection striking Veh 2. Veh 1 stated he believed his light was green. Veh 2 stated their light was green. Two witnesses came forward. One witness who was E/B on E College Way stopped at the light stated the traffic light was red for East/West traffic. One witness who was W/B about 100 feet back stated he observed the collision and when he looked, the light for East/West was green. Considering traffic was stopped both east and west bound, it appears Veh 1 traveled through the red light and the light turned green at time of collision, or shortly after. The light was clearly red while Veh 1 was approaching the intersection, but he never slowed. Indicating to me that he did not observe the red light at all.""

So sorry to hear about your car. I hope it gose well in court.

It might help to print out similar datsuns for sale from craigslist or somthing. Sometimes ins doesn't know the actual replacement value of a classic. I did this for my civic si when it got rear ended(I cryed (I know this is a Datsun site but that was a fun car and I loved it)) and I got more for it. I used that money to buy my 510. Things work out. Good luck.

a little bit of good news.

Got off the phone with the claims adjuster, they are denying damages to the other vehicle. Said the witness who said I had a red wouldn't give a statement and to use the police report, and the witness who said I had a green was a great witness gave a great report and was positive I had a green light.

She said ill be getting a call in a day or two for an offer on the car, (ill be keeping the car), and I have been printing out some ads as I come across them, its hard to find ones of "similar" value though, as you guys know they range so much in price and quality etc.

So that's good news! Now hopefully that ticket gets taken care of, court date is the 16th of next month...

• Like 1

total appraised price was 3,150$, I don't think theres much negotiating room there, but Its honestly more then I had even considered the high end of an offer would be from them, so im pretty happy.. She wasn't sure what the buy back would be, she said probally a couple hundred, but would call me back in the morning with the final price.

So im looking at 2800-2900 to find and build another shell using my car as a donor. it should be enough, just have to wait and not make an impulse buy on a rusted out shell again.

• Like 1

Not saying this is going to happen, but seeing what you guys think, my dad and i talked for awhile, and we came to the conclusion that if i were to take the 3k plus some cash i have saved up, so around 4k, let the 510 sit outback undercover, take the money and i should be able to finish the Z with that money... personally i like 510s more then Zs but this project has been sitting idle for quite sometime, that cash could be what it would take to finish it... and the end result would be a pretty badass Z

What do you guys think?

That, or just hold out for a clean 510 shell.. either way..

Do what you want to ... not what others think.

But he asked for peoples opinions. I never liked everyone responding with "do what you want, its your car." Obviously, I can do what I want... but I asked for opinions for a reason.

Here is what I see on this situation. You havent touched the Z in forever and you said it yourself, that you like 510s more. It doesnt make sense to me to spend on this money on a project you dont really care for. I would do one of two things:

1. Just keep holding out for the right 510. 

2. Possibly even sell the Z to add more money to the 510 fund. 

If youre not really excited about the Z at all, why keep sinking money into it? It just seems like a waste. It scrape whatever money together that you could and build the next 510 the way you really want it. 

• Like 3