"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

I thought I wanted 3" blocks but I kinda hate mine now. I highly suggest getting the 720 4x4 springs and 1-2" blocks over using 3" ones. Something about the ride quality just doesn't feel right. I chose the 3" blocks cause they were cheap, but I wouldn't do it again. The 4x4 leaf springs will give you almost 2"s of drop, but they are softer than the stock springs so the ride quality is different. 

IMO if you really want the best quality, you can get either datsun 720 leaf springs from belltech and retro fit them with a 1" block, or measure your current spring pack and give northcountyspring.com a call. They can give you the drop you want and a stiffer spring for the best ride quality, but it's not cheap. Lastly there is the most expensive option of getting composite leaf springs, but honestly my stock steel ones have lasted 40 years and composites are only warrantied for 3-5 years, so I'd save those for a race project (they drop about 50lbs off the vehicle).

The truck is looking good as ever willz. I saw your write up on the fuel cell and now we are looking at fitting one in my 620. I'm just a little worried because I believe my truck sites slightly lower, so I'm gonna look at going with a full aluminum cell that will fit between the cross bars where you made your mounts. Hopefully this will give me 1-2" moire ground clearance, but I'll end up losing a portion of my bed for the filler neck.

The tings we do because we need moar lowar :crying:  

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mikeanike99

Take the bottom flat leaf spring and put it on top, use the 2" blocks, and get some shocks. I used the KYB Gas-adjust on all 4 corners and love them. They will set you back almost $400 though if not more

I ain't got $10 so defiantly not $400 I was thinking the Monroe air adjust they run about $60 for a pair and the work great. And I will try flipping the leafs. My leaf pack has 4 plus a 1/2 thick overload spring on the bottom should I remove that? And then put the next on top or just put that one on top?

And what size tire are you running? I have 15x9.5 rally's so they are a little wider then yours.

Bfgoodrich g force 205/55/15

The KYB gas adjust are my favorite so far, tried the Monroe, the air adjust, pinto..... The only thing is like more would be some fully adjustable dampening shocks

Do it right the first time. It'll save you time and money. Prioritize your list. I lowered first, bought wheels, and had to wait for tires. Fixed problems, saved some cash, then built the fuel cell setup while the truck sat. Did some free extras like desmog, painting parts

I have lowered my truck lifted it lowered it again. and now it sits with tons of take until I get all the stuff for lowering the back done. and it's also out of commission as my gaskets haven't arrived so its just sitting.

Not at the moment sorry, I'm saving to just get full steel lowering leaves. I'd rather do away with the blocks all together, but for now they get me close to my desired ride height even though I'm not exactly happy with the ride quality. The process willz explained about flipping that lower leaf will give you the equivalent of a 3" drop block though. 

Sorry we jacked your thread around Willz, but it's all for the good of Datsuns :)

• Like 1