"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah what? Adam, are you catching my lazy bug man :confused:

Awesome job on the frame. I hope to do mine one day but honestly the one time I tried to take off the bed I almost went blind so that sum-bitch is staying there till I can cut the carrier bolts out. Then there is the previously mentioned lazy bug...

• Like 1

In Japan, model series 620 was marketed as the "Datsun Pickup"' (but more commonly called the Datsun Truck) and the King Cab was the "Custom". They came with J15 engine only USA/Canada came with L-series engines.

All these had the same model number in Japan and USA but the badges and marketing names differed in different countries. For example in Japan documents and parts catalogs and engine compartment ID plates it said 510 and even today in Japan it is common say 510 Bluebird.

i have heard it called the lil hustler 

It was called the Lil Hustler for a while in some ad campaigns in USA. I think there was even a tape stripe kit available at one time.

it was more of a nickname or unofficial name. They did sell a factory decal kit for it, but they also did for the 521 as well

well.....

IT RUNS!!!!

well.... sort of... it has been sitting for almost a year now so you cant expect miracles but it starts, and runs decent. I think the next purchase will be a wideband so that I can finally tune that stupid hitachi carb. Just a few things like taking out the exhaust bungs and putting some thread tape on them to seal them up nice, put a 90 degree down turn on the exhaust so it isnt shooting straight at my fuel cell. The little things B)

A lot of thanks to everyone who helped me get to where I am, stay tuned... there will be lots more coming soon

• Like 1

I did! goal was to get the truck out of the garage by this weekend because Im starting a new job monday in longview which is 150 miles away from my parents house. Not a bad drive at all, plus the garage here is rad. pipe benders, welder, its like a little store that has almost everything i need without paying for anything haha... well... hoses and clamps and stuff 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered some 2" ID fuel line for a marine application which will allow me to use the factory fill location.

Started my new job down at Kapstone (previously Longview Fibre paper). Its been an interesting experience so far, starting pay is $12.25 for the first 6 months and then I get bumped up to $19.88/hr with 401k, full benefits and a butt load of overtime gaurenteed since I work 4 on and 4 off with 12hr shifts 7am to 7pm, and Sundays are automatically time and a half  :thumbup:

my first week of orientation was 5 8hr days sitting in a classroom learning safety stuff and I made $451 after taxes. Next paycheck should be around $1500 for 2 weeks (still at $12.25/hr)

boy, I cant wait for that 6mth pay increase! and right now my mortgage and bills only come out to $500/month. The 620 will be getting some serious work done when I finally get her down to my new workspace!!

My girlfriends mom sure left a mess, but it'll be all cleaned up here and moved to her new house as soon as we have some nice weather and I get my truck down here

FBF48A4B-D4AD-443E-855D-F898618B3729_zps

going to re-do this work area with new cabinets and have an electrician run power to the "garage"

replace the roofing with the wavy galvanized steel, mount some work lights and eventually enclose the whole area with a swing out "barn-style" front door, a side door and window

B10EA618-DEBF-45E0-B534-1A69DAE7950A_zps

4EE0873F-68A2-4037-AF52-DC309FD230C7_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bump up there! Datsun money is always great :thumbup:

Taxes eat my check alive down here. I work 3 13.5 hour days and one 11 hour day per week. Bring home $1250ish every 2 weeks while they rake 350-400 off the top. That should all change in the near future though. They're supposed to promote me for my b-day :P