"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

Little update:

All the wheels are on, haven't had time to find out why I can't crank my torsion bars down anymore and the frame is currently sitting on blocks to keep the fenders from sitting on the tires with the whole weight of the truck. I think it might be due to my shocks being stretched all the way out in front and the front end seems to be my only hang up on having 31's. My POA is to remove the shocks, see if I get any extra play. If not, it will be time to borrow my dads welder and build some upper and lower A arms with a custom shock/coil over setup. Basically a Mcphearson style suspension.

And oics for your eyeball pleasure

375AF483-02B9-4B81-999A-D6F84B5BBC58_zps

F7243781-27F6-4332-B29D-DECB0C2CB3B1_zps

954E684D-EBCE-4C0F-8195-0B6FB9EEFE3F_zps

8827041F-B680-4BDA-B90C-4A2A13E1DD40_zps

• Like 1
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, she's been sitting under the car port on the side of the house, untouched and almost forgotten for the last year or so. I happened to go through a thrift shop today and saw an old wood hotrod steering wheel and thought "hey, that looks cool and it's only $20. Holy crap! That'd look good on the datsun!"

Project Lola will now continue

Stay tuned

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Digging this one up a little. How did you get the fuel cell linked up with the stock filler location or did you? Looking into one and like the mounting location but unsure about hooking up the filler neck.

Found a fuel hose that fits the stock filler tube and goes inside the tank. There is a tube that is hose clamped over both the inlet to the tank and the hose. Fits pretty good

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

She's been sitting in my carport for the last 2 years. Between my boat(s), house(s), owning a Land Rover as a daily driver and "adventure" vehicle and all the rest of the crap going on.... it's been hard to spend any time on her. But I blew the oil pump on the rover a month or so ago, replaced it before it really fucked up the motor and it's making some weird noises so I'm not driving it (obviously) so the need for transportation became an issue since my wife can't drive me around everywhere with her car (that I pay for). Sooooo Lola is gonna be a driver again!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...