"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working tons of overtime at the mill, in the middle of finishing the remodel in my kitchen, have a baby due in April so the nursery is getting put together, found nice original hardwood under the carpet in all the bedrooms so the nursery is first to refinish....

I'm swamped, but I should have the Weber mounted sometime in the next 4 days I hope.

Installed the new cannon manifold and Weber 45dcoe, had to come up with a way to run a hose from the lower coolant flange to the thermostat again as the manifold and head both had the coolant passages and had to remove them. Problem was the flange is a 1/2" and the one on the thermostat is a 3/8" barb with a 1/4" threading. Had to use a pex fitting that stepped the 1/2" down to 3/8ths as a temporary fix so that I could run the motor. Planning on hacking a 1/2" barb and welding it onto the 1/4" threads.

Here's some pictures

3E1C4609-CA92-4B5F-A771-BA45BD753D99_zps

F8D21F3B-350F-4358-84A4-D9EF243D639A_zps

• Like 1

Got the motor running for the first time in a few years after spending a good amount of time getting fuel to the carb with the help of my son Evan. Had him turning the key while I sprayed starter fluid into the carb... which is hard to do when your runners are a 1/4" from your brake masters. Still need to fab a linkage setup for the throttle, and possibly a different cable as well

• Like 2

So, I found out that the pex connector does not work for keeping the line from leaking, so I'll have to come up with another plan. In the meantime, today is throttle linkage fab day! I might make a couple extras in case anyone wants one for their single carb set up

Don't judge me. Between Someone messing with my welder, the auto darkening on my helmet craping out intermittently and trying to make this busted up panel fit because of the huge gap......

It's filling holes time

That's what she said

4184830A-588A-4564-A558-EE3F0A607874_zps

ED9F6DC1-5C0A-4E54-BF91-9D2840CD9738_zps

EFE888B9-E587-45F2-AE1D-5285B7FB7428_zps

Hey that looks like much work.... haha....

I don't know if it was an off day or if your like me and some days I weld better.... nothing a hand grinder and more weld doesn't solve... something i was once told was try smaller spots or little 1/2 or 1 inch strips....