"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got most of the smog stuff out, pump is off, trying to cut the damn lines on the exhaust manifold so i can put a wrench on them... seems to be about a 11/16ths?

I don't remember the size but I couldn't get mine off when I de-smogged it, all heat and rusted on.  When I put my 32/36 weber on they were in the way so I just cut a section out of them and plugged them.  tough to get out but awesome if you do.  Nice build goijng here!

• Like 1

Thanks man! I'm a little bummed with the truck since funds have been a little low and Ive just been trying to get her on the road again pretty much. I'm pretty sure she'll be close to done before Canby though. I plan on taking off the cab and bed again to redo them, the underside of the bed has been wire wheeled down, primed, painted and re-coated with undercoating. I'd like to do the same to the bottom of the cab as well as the front half of the frame. I might be able to pull off getting paint and body done before canby, I want to get one of the corbeau suspension bench seats (havent seen anyone use them ever so it'll be new) and hopefully that will be comfy to sit in... they are made for the rhino or whatever vehicle and are about 42" wide. ZG flares will be going on probably mid february so I dont have to worry about fender rub anymore haha

heres a pic of the seat I'm looking at:

40Bench-64001-SR-XL_zps10b887fb.jpg

• Like 1

Get that thing re-wraped and it'll be great!. I hit up a Joan's and grabbed a crap ton of some heavy duty "leather" print vinyl. The stuff looks nice, soft, really good quality. I'm going to use it on my doors, kick panels, shift boot and dash eventually

I have been keeping track of how much has been spent on the truck since I bought it in March of 2012

$3,476.22

thats not including the purchase price of the truck

zg flares and that new seat will put me over $4k no problem

then i have paint.... ugh, its a good thing i'm not selling her

Get that thing re-wraped and it'll be great!. I hit up a Joan's and grabbed a crap ton of some heavy duty "leather" print vinyl. The stuff looks nice, soft, really good quality. I'm going to use it on my doors, kick panels, shift boot and dash eventually

i plan to one day, i ended up taking it out of my single cab when it got totaled and now its in my dads truck so when hes ready the whole interior will get done by a friend of mine but thats a ways out 

I have been keeping track of how much has been spent on the truck since I bought it in March of 2012

$3,476.22

thats not including the purchase price of the truck

zg flares and that new seat will put me over $4k no problem

then i have paint.... ugh, its a good thing i'm not selling her

i stopped counting..... it hurts less :D 

if your in portland sometime hit me up!

• Like 3

ground all the edges down so its nice and smooth

nice layer of rust reformer, even though I wire wheeled the whole thing

2E5551DA-5B71-405A-A20C-EA87D9B8A765_zps

D4EC19EA-6CFB-437D-9E6B-6EEE682FD5D7_zps

and then I ran some nice cloth braided vacuum hose in place of the factory rubber 

DCB84427-F23D-41DC-92E7-F36F6E817234_zps

B86095F7-12D8-4589-84C9-0770BD445C50_zps

D279D946-31B6-4A7A-9B2F-8E99CA26832D_zps

• Like 1

SO....

ugh

came home today and took a look at the truck... been moving all my stuff to my new house in Longview the last week

found a nice big leak of oil under my truck.. no idea what it was till I got underneath....

looks like I'm leaking out of the bottom bearing on my steering box. Anyone have any remedy for this? or maybe a spare laying a round???

So I'm going to get some ATF sealing oil and call it good until I can afford to send out the whole unit. Tonight I purchased a valve gasket kit, painted the valve cover a nice engine enamel black, picked up some aluminum (2) 2"x72" to make the straps for the fuel cell which will hopefully be going in finally.... Ugh

Also making a new exhaust hanger set up tonight, making a block off plate for the emission junk that I ripped off to make my engine all sorts of pretty. Picked up some 3m 77 adhesive for finishing my door panels too! Should be a busy next couple of days.. My dad and I made a bet that if I could have the truck running and driving by the weekend, I would be $200 richer.....

Challenge accepted