"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

So I'm cleaning up for the night, things that I managed to finish tonight:

exhaust is now hung

back of cab has 6" of bed liner/undercoating on what looks like was sprayed from factory but had faded away

passenger side door panel has been snapped in with the cotton backing and new leather

Aluminum intake egr block off plate made (cant install due to the old bolts being too long

new valve cover gasket and valve cover painted coyote tan

Fuel line hooked up to fuel cell (finally)

plans for tomorrow:

install block off plate, new stainless hose clamps on errrrthang, finish drivers side door panel and install, sew a new shifter boot together out of the new leather/vinyl, get the bed ready and if I'm lucky I can get it on the truck tomorrow so that I can mount the fuel cell finally, route crankcase vent to the intake and put a breather on the valve cover, repaint the rear tail light cases silver and install new hardware on the lenses, route fuel filler line to original location as well as fuel cell vent line, hook up sending unit... cross my fingers and then crank her over

389E4C95-3C11-4E16-A4CB-D38A12390FB7_zps

• Like 1
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres some updates for you peoplez

made new braces in the rear out of 2"x2" (1/4" thickness) steel box tubing, the bottoms will be getting cut out so that I can raise the fuel cell that extra 2"

02AF7A22-88B7-4D1E-96E7-F87ED422EE02_zps

C66932CE-6F97-424E-B267-CF1C8A8ACACD_zps

and the aluminum block off plate I made

7D8E0199-BC23-45A8-9D22-6EFA9CD7B563_zps

I used a grinding wheel with an 80grit flappy disk to take it all back to bare frame, hit it with some etching primer, rust-oleum enamel, rust-oleum undercoating, then rust-oleum gloss enamel. Still need to throw the gloss on the new areas and a few others, but it makes it look real nice ;)

So i dont know what happened to my "escutcheons" or whatever those plastic cup pieces are that go in the door behind the  latch... so I don't have them cut out, only enough to put the latch through till I get a set. Same goes the armrests since I need to source a pair of black ones. other than that, they work great

3AD4634B-E7F1-4E9C-A990-C3C340C58667_zps

• Like 1

and placed where Its going to get mounted

20131225_215156_zpszfkohiag.jpg

I like the placement , I need to do the same install. Except I want to keep my factory tank and add a secound for those long trips. You know the trips longer than an hour ....that's about as far as I can go ... You can watch my fuel gauge go down with every stop light .

In Japan, model series 620 was marketed as the "Datsun Pickup"' (but more commonly called the Datsun Truck) and the King Cab was the "Custom". They came with J15 engine only USA/Canada came with L-series engines.

In the US, all the datsuns had number designations - 1200, 510, 620 etc... In japan the 1200 was a Sunny, the 510 was a bluebird - what did they call the 620?

All these had the same model number in Japan and USA but the badges and marketing names differed in different countries. For example in Japan documents and parts catalogs and engine compartment ID plates it said 510 and even today in Japan it is common say 510 Bluebird.

Fuel cell is finally in! uploading pics to photobucket as we speak, turned out better than I thought

I had been worried about clearance on the bottom as the tank needs to sit lower with the 45 degree neck on it, still have an easy 6" from the lowest part of the tank (sump) to the ground B)