Does this look bitchin' or okie?

So I got that new rollbar a while back for the D21. It came out of a 720. Come to find out the rear arms are too damn wide! Single wall bed on the 720. Anyway, I took it apart to see if just the upright would fit. It's a slip together now, was just going to weld it up. I can also take the rear bars and cut a couple inches out and weld it back together.

However, I was thinking it may actually be a lot more functional with just the upright. The side arms going to the wheel housing make it look nicer I think, but they also limit the functionality of the bed, like stick two bikes in with the handlebars hanging over the sides.

And then some part of me thinks it looks a little okie, but then some part of me thinks it looks pretty badass! So I need opinions. When the lights are hooked up there won't be that mass of wiring either, just mocked them up for now.

Let the opinions fly!

d21rollbar1.jpg

d21rollbar2.jpg

d21rollbar3.jpg

d21rollbar4.jpg

d21rollbar5.jpg

d21rollbar6.jpg

d21rollbar7.jpg

d21rollbar8.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there are only two spots for lights, I doubt I'll be adding any more. Two is plenty, I'm already wondering how much that will affect mileage on the freeway, we shall see. Makes me want to spend some more money on a cam. ;)

I say don't do it unless you plan/need to use it. As a headache rack I suppose it would work. Do you really need the lights and are you going to put on some real lights? Otherwise, I think your concern about gas mileage is valid and you should consider that more. Those bars also give next to zero advantage in a roll-over. It looks fine, though!

It's a 4X4 it looks good as a light bar. As said above not much help in a roll over. I would run it.

I also think you need some real lights up there.

Yeah, I'm debating it now. Big lights equal big drag. So the other option is to mount those lights on the bumper in front of the grill like I had on my previous hardbody. But that makes the lightbar useless. So maybe I will cut down the other pieces and put it back together like it's supposed to be. Not sure yet.

And KC Phirus got banned again? What did I miss? :huh:

Yeah, I'm debating it now. Big lights equal big drag. So the other option is to mount those lights on the bumper in front of the grill like I had on my previous hardbody. But that makes the lightbar useless. So maybe I will cut down the other pieces and put it back together like it's supposed to be. Not sure yet.

And KC Phirus got banned again? What did I miss? :huh:

Could just do a fold down light bar.