The Blue gO_On build?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice today, So I decided to give her a bath for the first time since August  :lol:...I am really surprised on how good the wheels look cleaned up...

IMG_0966_zps3403a9e6.jpg

IMG_0959_zps0fbeface.jpg

IMG_0963_zpse9b1bf7f.jpg

IMG_0964_zps835f9293.jpg

IMG_0961_zps51945bf1.jpg

IMG_0960_zps47590784.jpg

Oh and center console pics...

IMG_0970_zpsbc21e13c.jpg

IMG_0972_zps572e41db.jpg

Also a buddy of mine is doing a SR swap in his 240...He is donating me all of his single cam goodies  :w00t:  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have been wanting to go to the wrecking yard to get a door seal from a Volvo 850/V70. So today I finally made it there with Josh (Converted to Datsun) and picked up two Volvo door seals.

I started by removing the old blue pinch welt. Once I had that removed and the aluminum door sills removed I simply put the Volvo seal onto the existing spot for the old pinch welt. Cut the Volvo seal to fit, and Put the door sill back in place to hold the seal down. It fits really nice, might need a little glue in some spots but overall great fit! It takes a little more effort to close the door but nothing I can't live with. 

The seal really freshens up the interior, When you open the door it looks like it belongs there, and when your inside with it shut it feels more full in a way. It made such a big difference in wind noise, It is amazingly noticeable. I am going to go back and get the rear doors too. Now I need to find a hatch seal and some window rubber and the wagon will be a much more enjoyable ride!

If you need to cut down on noise go pick these up like $9 bucks for both at the yard!

Pics! My camera wouldn't pick up the seal from the inside.

Test fitting 

IMG_1051_zpse6b32501.jpg

Cut Portion

IMG_1052_zps5e1292f0.jpg

Installed

IMG_1053_zps63112999.jpg

Close ups

IMG_1054_zps10fe4af4.jpg

IMG_1050_zps2fcb81f5.jpg

• Like 2

fucking guy took 6 weeks to deliver it to me for draynor..... fucking datsun flakes.....it's in the oven on a bake cycle again today sweating old oil and grease....ran it throught the parts washer a second time yesterday .....just trying to get the petroleum's out of her.....

i forgot to mention that that gold is a 20 percent gloss color.... on both tristins wheels(not that u could tell there so f-ing dirty..)  and han's blue 510 with all the gold under hood shit we never cleared it cause we liked it looking a little more industrial ...... i can clear it and make it glossy if u prefer ....its up to u ... iwill try and post a pic of the valve cover for reference unless i sent u one already

Broke my hand a couple days back  :hmm: But I have some big plans once it heals up!

Which include a 4 Link rear to get ready for the power of the KA and moar low! Also going to be freshening up the interior!

Broke my hand a couple days back  :hmm: But I have some big plans once it heals up!

Which include a 4 Link rear to get ready for the power of the KA and moar low! Also going to be freshening up the interior!

Too much fapping... 

Picked up a wood wheel tonight...Unknown brand for $40! Feels really nice and solid!

I can actually see my speedometer and fuel/temp gauge now  :D So much easier to turn!

Pics! With a glimpse of the hand  :lol:     (Installed pics tomorrow)

IMG_1089_zps45e0526b.jpg

IMG_1088_zps49683a6c.jpg

• Like 1