mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

photo3_zps95b76a7c.jpg

That is nice thats all i can say.

I like the taillights above, if I had a 521 that had stock taillights and wiring, I would ask you where you bought the lenses.

My next 521 project will likely have the stock 521 box, but I will change the outer socket out for a dual filament bulb, and both sections will have park/running lights.

I like individuality, this is unique in the US, right up my alley, and I could give a rats ass what anyone else thinks.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good man check out mine

6300B554-1E04-4294-91A3-A43D9409C007_zps

Man, that's probably the only vehicle in my lifetime that I think the crossover of the lights look good. I have never seen one I have liked that I can recall. All I would do is make a sheet metal filler piece that went behind them, following the contour on the bottom somewhat and all the way across with a recessed box bent in for the license.

Well done.

photo1_zpsc4913545.jpg

photo2_zps9eacf20b.jpgphoto4_zpsd31d575b.jpg

My old Notchback i sold to a buddy of mine,I had a ll the work done except the paint and he re did the motor.This car has got at least 45000.00 in it.The motor is a 2332 turbo charged on race gas it dynos over 300 HP,on pump gas he got it turned way back to 200 HP for some what normal driving.This car is very nicely done.The motor was built by world famous Jason Lauffer at V.W. paradise in San Marcos,Ca,I think still home to the worlds fastest VW powered rail.

• Like 2

Whew! Thats whats up!  Damm it choked on my coffee when I saw this.  I've seen one years ago in cali and forgot all about them.  This is one nice ride.  That color is bad ass!  Whats top speed?  What years is that?  69?

Its a 65.The color is i think Porsche Indy red.And how fast lets just say faster then any Datsun on this website that i have seen.There a little more rare hear,they were never imported in to America at all.

Of course it's red …. this is MrBigTanker. The the vehicle is not red, the accent colors are red.

Ray, this looks like an awesome notchback. I had a very nice Squareback and several ovals back in the day, but nothing like this.

It would be fun to pull the Grapevine with this setup. 

• Like 1

Of course it's red …. this is MrBigTanker. The the vehicle is not red, the accent colors are red.

Ray, this looks like an awesome notchback. I had a very nice Squareback and several ovals back in the day, but nothing like this.

It would be fun to pull the Grapevine with this setup. 

I hear you,just so no one is confused its my good buddy that i work with that owns it now.I got it going in the direction it is in and i at the time were i was living it drove me crazy were it sat so i gave it to him at a steal and i mean just about gave it away.