sedition88

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ran into a money issue so I'm further behind with this thing. Lost the tranny in my cop car so I had to dump $2K into that. But moving forward. Sent it off to a shop to get it running properly and go over the drivetrain and make sure it's all sound and ready for me to cruise out of state at any time. Should have some kind of answer by the end of the week I'd imagine. 

20170710_180731_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I finally got the truck back, again... They found a bad rotor, cap, and it was missing a few grounds apparently. I drove it home with no glass and no exhaust. Was kinda scary at first at how bloody quick it gets up and goes compared to the L motor, and it sounds like a stock car. Super bloody fun though, can't wait to really take it out for a drive. I will also try and get all my pictures working again. (Fucking Photobucket) 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pulled my dash so I can re-finish it. The PO destroyed the right side of the face plate and cut the metal to fit a radio in the slot. So now that I'm cleaning stuff up I've got to figure out what I'm going to do to make it all look better. Anyhow. This is the last remaining piece of the original color of the truck, going to keep it that way.

20171015_174016_1.jpg

20171015_183945_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So slapped down some filler, sanded, put down a sealer, then I flocked it good! Tomorrow night I'll shake off the loose shit and hope it'll look half way decent. It's not perfect but don't really care too much, it'll be a ton better than it was. Going to paint the metal part of the dash, then I'll throw it all back together and get the windshield and back glass installed.

20171024_190640_1.jpg

20171025_192551_1.jpg
20171025_203142_1.jpg
20171025_203214_1.jpg
  • Like 6
  • 2 months later...

Time for another update. After the last few years saying I'm getting this thing bagged, it is actually happening! Dropped it off at a friends shop to get it to lay frame. So stay tuned to see what happens next. (Also fixed all the damn pictures in this thread)

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, progress report time. My buddy decided that he was going to fix all the little things that were done wrong or half assed when I had the swap done and in general just make the truck air tight top to bottom. Who am I to argue? The goal is to get this truck looking and of course running correctly so I can jump and leave the state without having to worry about the vehicle I'm taking.

So in this first oic we see two siblings getting a little bonding time.

IMG_1673.jpg

Here we see missing pieces?! Yep, going to sink the radiator under the support to make room for the fans to be behind it.

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Engine compartment done. The exhaust is going to get finished up and the brakes messed with some, then I'll get it back to drive it for a bit, make sure all the kinks are worked out. Then it'll go back for some more work ;)

28280100_1762108240515613_85886370850942

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got to try my at sandblasting for the first time. Blasted around the inside edge of the bed cause we're doing a raised bed floor. Also got me a radio and a couple speakers. Not sure where I'm going to put the head unit though...

20180510_191035.jpg

20180510_202840.jpg

• Like 3