• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Found me a little something. Drove down to Salt Lake City this weekend and picked it from a Ratsuner. It's in even better condition that I thought it was going to be, which to say it's damn near perfect. So going to swap this bad boy, then the drive train, then get it sitting on the ground all before it starts to warm back up next spring.

20160924_1405241_zpsgdlfb9ba.jpg?1515969

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little something that I had made for this years flyer/t-shirt for our chapters 4th annual car show. It'll have all the lettering added once we nail down which town we'll be switching to. But I had my truck done with a '35 Ford Tudor mocked up like our Idaho State Trooper cars. Turned out awesome! As far as my truck goes, got the motor sitting in the frame (no oics yet)  Have to remove the torsion bars so the stock S13 headers will fit, modify the tranny cross member, and flip the center link. Till next time!

thumbnail_2017flyer.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few updates, getting close to having it back so I can start on the bagging process. Got me a short shifter, a longer throttle cable should be here tomorrow, and had to pick a new alternator and belt. The front half of the drive shaft is done, just waiting on the rear half. All the wiring should be close to be being finished. Also still trying to find out the best radiator to use, so if anyone has some insight it would be greatly appreciated. 

20170329_195453_2.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this on my door the other day. Radiator from a '79 to '85 Mazda RX-7. Need to make a run to the junk yard for some hardbody front suspension parts this weekend hopefully. I should be able to get my truck back next sunday to start work on the suspension!

20170406_174213_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So got most of what I needed to do besides get a proper throttle cable hooked up, one I've got is too short I think. Had to find radiator hoses, build an air intake, and add an inline fuse to the main harness power wire. Added coolant in which I found two lines that weren't hooked up, and as far as I can tell just get tied into the heater somehow, so I plugged them. So my biggest issue now is that it idles pretty rough and dies when I put it into gear. Then yesturday I was going to post a short video to get some peoples opinion and the damn thing wont start at all now, just cranks. Just can't seem to get a damn break with this thing...

It's just a generic radiator that I got off Ebay, but it is 25.5" wide. It just fits without any cutting of the truck nor the radiator. Only thing I had modified was the lower tube. Had it cut straight, cut the little tube off and filled the hole.

20170429_090335_1.jpg

• Like 3