sedition88

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/21/2020 at 9:17 PM, sedition88 said:

This is the capped off coolant pipe. Pretty sure it's wrong.

20200821-190322-1.jpg

Probably should look like this

20200819-115117-1.jpg

Looks like I also need to loop these two together instead of running through the heater core, correct me if I'm wrong

20200819-115106-1.jpg

On my 620 I have the same setup as your first picture capped off there. No issue yet with the rubber plug, but I suspect I’ll have the same problem with it as I have on the 510 and will need to upgrade to a nicer silicone one... 

as for the next two photos—- I made a block off plate for the port that is being pointed to in the 3rd photo.

then I took the hose coming off you lower loop in photo 2 and ran it straight back to the fitting at the back of the block as shown in the last photo.

Hope that all make sense.

ill take a fresh photo tomorrow for you

made sure my coolant was topped off and the system bled of air.

have not had a problem—- runs a bit warm on the highway ~200-210, but hasn’t gone above that and cools back to 190 once I’m not cruising at 80. Don’t know what rad I have but it’s not small... double pusher fans.

In my opinion the thermostat position on the KA is terrible... it requires the heated coolant to back flow to the thermostat to open it or the whole system to heat up... compare that to a L series where the thermostat is after the engine on the outlet where the water pump is constantly pushing the heated coolant toward it- as soon as the coolant in the engine is warm it is forced against the thermostat causing it to open— makes more sense to me, so that is why i moves it to the outlet hose on my 510– that engine actually stays too cold... unless I’m really pushing it.

Edited by demo243
  • Like 2

Was tough to get any good photos...

Here is what I am running-

Block off plate and the hose coming off the back goes back to the “L” port at the back of the block

50265511586_148fc55348_b.jpg

Plugged here — would like to clean it up at some point... but it seems to be working

50264854543_6c64719207_b.jpg

• Like 2