Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! That truck is just beautiful. :thumbup:

Thanks, just got done painting the original wheels.  Somehow I managed to match the patina of the truck by using International Harvester red with a couple coats of flat clearcoat, and it was a struggle to find whitewall radials similar to the original size. 

It had just got done hauling that load of mulch home, which you see in the garden.  Headin back for more tomorrow.  I've put around 16K miles on it in 2 years.

The solid axle we jused on both trucks are from 85 Toyota 4x4 pickups and the leafs in front are Toyota 6inch lift leafs it's kinda confusing at first since theirs not many out there and there's not many build up forums on Nissan SAS but it was easy overall..

I was hoping someone could tell me the approximate year and model of this truck. It used to belong to my grandfather who had passed and was hoping to obtain some info. I really like the truck and hoping to get it within a few months when i can drive out to california to pick it up

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

thank you in advance

• Like 1

I was hoping someone could tell me the approximate year and model of this truck. It used to belong to my grandfather who had passed and was hoping to obtain some info. I really like the truck and hoping to get it within a few months when i can drive out to california to pick it up

photo4.jpg

Wow they cramped a L series in that little fella

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Wow they sqweezed a L series in that little fella

thank you in advance

What is an L series??

L series is the motor line. The 'L' Block and head style were used on a few different sizes of motor. The is the 6 cylinder version, 4 cylinder (what is in your truck) and also 6 & 4 cylinder diesels that used the same basic block and head. Within those you have different displacement sizes, your truck likely has the 1600cc version of the 4 cylinder 'L' series, making it the L16. There will be a casting stamp on the block designating the L16, L18 or L20 of the block.

There are lots of little differences as well but that would take a bunch more explaining :)

...and a pic of my truck with new treads.

IMG_6721_zpsd893bad6.jpg

• Like 5