Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your Horn!...  button that is.

Thanks!

I have one issue with it. Its a Momo button and not a Nardi button... not only are the diameters slightly off, but the shape is off too. The Nardi has a lip that helps secure the ring that covers the screw holes. The Momo doesnt have that lip. So now the ring just sits there and isnt secured. If I still had access to a lathe I could make a Nardi shaped Momo horn adapter. 

Ill figure something out. I like the button enough to figure it outl. 

So here is what I have:

Momo horn ring with holes clipped out. Momo pattern is 70mm where Nardi is 74mm:

9909740804_dcbf901a9c_c.jpg

Here is the OD of the area of the Momo horn button that snaps into the ring:

9909666395_bf879734f1_c.jpg

OD of the area on the Nardi button that snaps into the ring... as you can see there is a small difference:

9909713026_5bd7d4890d_c.jpg

There is a small lip around the top edge of the buttons. Here is the Momo OD on that lip:

9909664725_e87e948663_c.jpg

Here is the OD on the Nardi lip:

9909665175_96fddd79d3_c.jpg

The lip on the Nardi horn button is just wide enough to sit on top of the ring which hides all the screws (shown on the right)... 

$(KGrHqQOKpcE6dvPB2ufBOynFgZUuw~~60_57.J

With the Momo, its too small and the ring just falls off. Ill probably secure it somehow... Im not too worried about it. I was just cleaning up the living room and found the girlfriends hot glue gun. I may actually just glue the ring on. Its very secure, but since its metal on metal, I can peel them apart if I really need to with no damage being done. 

Overall the button was a success. I like it far more than the stock Nadi design. Someone needs to make blank Nardi/Momo buttons where you can insert your own designs with a cap on them so it looks factory. 

Damn, my little blurb about the seat was deleted :(

Anyway, CarterB hooked me up with the seat. A little dirty, but otherwise perfect. Very happy! It was great to finally meet him, check out his cars, and meet his wife. Great people. 4

pics of these said dotties and with the hottie of course 

I like the center ring of the nardi wheels way more than that of the momos. A lot cleaner look

Same here. Thats why Im trying to get it to work... Ill know more in the morning. Im going to try the glue tomorrow as I have to find a glue stick. 

So Ive been buying a lot of stuff lately to get ready for some work... picked up the larger 14mm ball joints, 1in bump steer spacers, Rabbit inserts (took me awhile to find good ones since theyre sold out everywhere it seems), CVs are on their way, as well as a rather large box from Australia ;) Im meeting up with Hobbes today and snagging a 32/36 along with an Offy intake.

Im looking at replacing my radiator with a Koyorad piece. Im mostly dead set on it, but theres one problem... its built for a manual car which has no trans-cooler built in like the stock unit. Is there going to be a big problem if I run sans cooler for awhile until I decide which cooler I want? Do I really even need one? 

Didnt want to make a post with no pictures, so here are a few recent ones I had put in the "Pic of Your Dime" thread:

1374091_224236777735116_1703329907_n.jpg

1377279_224235991068528_1019452657_n.jpg

1235047_224237311068396_855248671_n.jpg
  • Like 1

do not run without a trans cooler, its there for a reason 

maybe run a separate one like a temp boso oil cooler 

Obviously its there for a reason, but wasnt sure how important it was... since the car is always so slow I thought maybe I could live without it temporarily. I dont even have a temp one to use at the moment and if I have to buy one, I might as well just buy the one Im going to keep. I was trying to avoid that at this point due to the receipts already stacking up. 

Thanks for the assurance that its more important than I was hoping. Guess a few more dollars has to leave the piggy bank  :bye: Thanks Adam. 

I / we drove our 70 510 auto for more than 2 years without the trans hooked to the radiator,, ( because it leaked at fittings )  and i drove the shit outta that thing back and forth to Yakima, to the coast and my brother commuted from Auburn to Seattle for a year in it even,, with the lines looped right at the radiator.. B&W trans

• Like 1