8 second Nissan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I posted this a short while back. I want Ivan Phipps job!!!!!!!

Back in '70 I had a new 340 Dart and it would do low 14s in the quarter. Fairly fast even back then. I loved pounding that car and watching the expressions on friends faces. Had it over a buck fifty twice, scarey shit.

Yeah I posted this a short while back. I want Ivan Phipps job!!!!!!!

Back in '70 I had a new 340 Dart and it would do low 14s in the quarter. Fairly fast even back then. I loved pounding that car and watching the expressions on friends faces. Had it over a buck fifty twice, scarey shit.

In the 90's I had a Street/strip 67 VW bug that ran a best of 12.98 @100.2 with slicks and open header. With street tires and a supertrapp, it was still fast enough to make people piss themselves.

Something about being shoulder to shoulder, with a gas tank and some sheet metal in front of you, and little to no steering for the first two gears.Two freinds got sick.My older sister started crying. Man i miss that car.

Fastest car I ever seen on the street was a VW bug, it was literally gone before the other car was past the starting line, nothing could touch it, I suppose since it said "portland drag club" on the rear fender, that would give one a clue, but they kept trying to beat him.

I had a 65 nova that would do 13's, but it was funny to watch it burn out at an idle while no one was in it against a wall.

First 8 Seconds R35 Nissan GTR 1500 hp

Why spends $100,000+ on a GTR when a Datsun 1200 will run faster?

7.54 secs: Steidel Racing Datsun 1200 13B Turbo-powered

7.56 secs: Kako Racing 1200 Coupe SR20DET powered

7.77 secs: 'Chimikui' Datsun 1200 Coupe, 20B powered non-turbo

7.67 secs: Rayglass 1200 Coupe, SR20DET-powered

It's all weight to horsepower ratio. My bug weighed 1620lbs with me in it.

I've been looking for a 1200 roller for awhile. I just dont want to pay for a whole car, and only need a third of it. Not much of a rotory fan, but holy shit those things are fast. For me it would be an L motor with a ton of spray. So if anyone wants to donate to the cause....

Going to fit it to a 2/3-chassis?

Sure. I would hate to buy parts that I would just throw away or have to sell piece by piece. I always feel better about cutting a car up if I start with something thats not worth restoring.

Sure. I would hate to buy parts that I would just throw away or have to sell piece by piece. I always feel better about cutting a car up if I start with something thats not worth restoring.

Exactly, that's what I'm going to be looking for, for my brother's and my 510 wagon. A shell that nobody is EVER going to bother restoring, but that could still be made straight and solid.

I'll have to take recent pictures of my ej22 megasquirt ITB super beetle project for you guy's sometime. Makes me miss driving it.

Eric what horsepower numbers were you running when you ran the 12.98? Any change in gearing? IRS suspension?

I'll have to take recent pictures of my ej22 megasquirt ITB super beetle project for you guy's sometime. Makes me miss driving it.

Eric what horsepower numbers were you running when you ran the 12.98? Any change in gearing? IRS suspension?

Swingaxle, 4.12 gears, 1.58 third, 1.31 forth. I ran a 1.21 for awhile. The two top gears felt like warp drive. It would run consistant 13.04/13.05. That is, if it left without breaking something.

Motor was only 74 stroke X 92 bore (1968cc). but had a monster valvetrain. All Gene Berg. The cam was an Engle FK89 If I remember right. With 1.5 ratio rockers it came out to 600+ lift @324 duration. 48 IDA's with 42 chokes, 1 3/4 Berg merged exhaust. That's why I hate the header on my truck so much. That merged was a work of art.

All steel, full interior minus back seat. Launched at 8300 rpm. Broke more trans parts than I can remember. I had a shelf in my shop that looked like the "Offerings to the god of speed" shelf in the Worlds fastest Indian.

Really wanted to put a bus trans in it and take some weight out, but it was too nice to cut up. And I was broke and had a kid on the way. Same old story.

Swingaxle, 4.12 gears, 1.58 third, 1.31 forth. I ran a 1.21 for awhile. The two top gears felt like warp drive. It would run consistant 13.04/13.05. That is, if it left without breaking something.

Motor was only 74 stroke X 92 bore (1968cc). but had a monster valvetrain. All Gene Berg. The cam was an Engle FK89 If I remember right. With 1.5 ratio rockers it came out to 600+ lift @324 duration. 48 IDA's with 42 chokes, 1 3/4 Berg merged exhaust. That's why I hate the header on my truck so much. That merged was a work of art.

All steel, full interior minus back seat. Launched at 8300 rpm. Broke more trans parts than I can remember. I had a shelf in my shop that looked like the "Offerings to the god of speed" shelf in the Worlds fastest Indian.

Really wanted to put a bus trans in it and take some weight out, but it was too nice to cut up. And I was broke and had a kid on the way. Same old story.

Nice I was building a 76x94mm 2109cc I think I was going to use the Same Cam as you but I gave up on the VW motor and decided to go with a Subaru for a nice cool factor. biggrin.gif

Hopefully I can lighten up my super beetle, I'm going to do fiberglass fenders 3" wider in the rear and maybe something bigger in the front, I think I will leave out the rear seat since thats where I'm mounting the radiator and Air ducts and a Cage since they seem cheap as hell. I'm going for a Show/Street/Track car.

I expect to break my tranny, Maybe if I save up enough money I will get the kit to make a Subaru Tranny work, but most likely I will find a Bus tranny or some 5 speed that will work.