6730618737_dac9b52433_b.jpg

DONE FOR NOW, USED COUNTERSUNK SCREWS TO MAKE EVERTHING FLUSH MOUNTED

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoy cruising on the street, but cant pass up the chance to win some cash street racing...rear is dana 60 with 4.88gears, trans is turbo 400 and small block chevy motor with lots of Nitrous!!! i forseas my buddy's chevy Luv being next...these things take some time and work to get it right!!!

6788843033_66eba04b00_z.jpg

she isnt pretty but works great...i will make her pretty when i am old and have time to clean!!! QA-1 coilovers...

6788843211_c9102b6325_z.jpg

this is with motor out, look at that steering mess, aint broke=dont fix!!!

Pulled the motor last winter, have a temp motor going in for summer while Big motor is getting built!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

(IMG)11327741236_b2e6b2ee2c.jpg
Datsunmotorr by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Heres some motor pics. 421Dart Chevy...withe 250hp of Nitrous

(IMG)11327777384_71167eb5fb.jpg
Datsunmotor by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

(IMG)11327686535_0353b3d0cb.jpg
DatsunRacePic by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Heres some more Wheelie pics!!!

• Like 3

Curious about the coilovers. Did you install them? Do you know the extended and compressed lengths and spring rate? A lot of guys here put them on their 521's for lowering purposes only. Since you are doing the same thing I am, I am thinking your #'s are going to be close.

Cool truck BTW.

Curious about the coilovers. Did you install them? Do you know the extended and compressed lengths and spring rate? A lot of guys here put them on their 521's for lowering purposes only. Since you are doing the same thing I am, I am thinking your #'s are going to be close.

Cool truck BTW.

Eric just so you know i am running the shortest QA1 they sell i wish i new the part number,it rides good on the freeway but when your in town hitting bumps it rides just like torsion bars cranked down,But i think a longer coil over is in order and make a new lower control arm with a basket or a step down to give more shock and spring length in stead of being on the bottom.And my spring rate is 550# but i do have a 366 lb engine or round about.Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Eric just so you know i am running the shortest QA1 they sell i wish i new the part number,it rides good on the freeway but when your in town hitting bumps it rides just like torsion bars cranked down,But i think a longer coil over is in order and make a new lower control arm with a basket or a step down to give more shock and spring length in stead of being on the bottom.And my spring rate is 550# but i do have a 366 lb engine or round about.Hope this helps.

how long are your shocks?

THANK YOU GUYS!!! Only ran 1/8mile and 5.82 on spray. Should be in the 9's on good day??

Wanting to put the original style front end on since i bought the truck 15yrs ago!!!

(IMG)11327607485_c325b25ab1.jpg

Datsunfrontclippppp by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Everybody loves to cut on these front ends.

(IMG)11327731364_dc99398a52.jpg

Datsunfrontclip by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

(IMG)11417898576_f3906b04ee.jpg

Datsunfrontcli by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Got her all cleaned up and powdercoated to seal it up.

• Like 1

See now thats my kind of truck.  If you are going to put the effort into a motor swap, might as well swap a v8 in it.  This is better than just any v8 swap. 

I really like the original style front end of 521, that square headlight shit has to go...  lol

Unfortunately with a V8 swap theirs no room for your Legs. I love my truck but am crunched up like a pretzel! A chevy V8 with minor firewall mods fits from firewall to core support leaving no room for radiators.

Made some progress this week, got headlight brackets sandblasted and powdercoated. Used the Rivnuts and working great!!!

(IMG)11449449083_c0ba445500.jpg
Datsunheadliterings by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

When disassembling these, pay very close attention to the numbers on the buckets! And which side they are on! Drivers or Passengers? Polished Staniless with Steel wool, bought M3 screws from Mcmaster carr...Anybody know where to get Aftermarket Healights from?????