Race/Street truck VA 521

Madmax

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately with a V8 swap theirs no room for your Legs. I love my truck but am crunched up like a pretzel! A chevy V8 with minor firewall mods fits from firewall to core support leaving no room for radiators.

Made some progress this week, got headlight brackets sandblasted and powdercoated. Used the Rivnuts and working great!!!

(IMG)11449449083_c0ba445500.jpg

Datsunheadliterings by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

When disassembling these, pay very close attention to the numbers on the buckets! And which side they are on! Drivers or Passengers? Polished Staniless with Steel wool, bought M3 screws from Mcmaster carr...Anybody know where to get Aftermarket Healights from?????

what kind of aftermarket..

I want to keep the same style 5006 but wanted an unbreakable plastic style instead of glass. Our parts stores sell chrome stickers and speak spanish, they dont know anything about an automobile unless the computer says it will fit??

Have you got another set of front fenders yet?

The ones you have are modified, it will look strange with the stock headlight surrounds in there.

DSCN1454.JPG

The stock 521 fender sheet metal is more rounded

DSCN1457.JPG

Someone went to a lot of effort to make what you have, maybe you could sell your frontend mod complete to some one with everything, fenders and all.  :)

I do have fenders and almost everything to change back to round headlights. I plan to use the square headlight front clip for race track, that way if i smack the wall i am not too upset! I plan to use the round headlights front clip for street use and 90percent of the time...I would try to sell but theirs not as many datsun lovers here on east coast as there are on the west coast. I feel lonely sometimes. LOL

I do have fenders and almost everything to change back to round headlights. I plan to use the square headlight front clip for race track, that way if i smack the wall i am not too upset! I plan to use the round headlights front clip for street use and 90percent of the time...I would try to sell but theirs not as many datsun lovers here on east coast as there are on the west coast. I feel lonely sometimes. LOL

I do understand, not as many Datsuns over there, but I just always think that way, a lot of effort went into that conversion, although I think they look better with round headlights.

I myself am always doing some kind of stupid shit, like the truck in the photo below, but it is 100 percent reversible, as it is bolt on. 

DSCN1459.JPG

Sorry, I just like posting photos.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

One of you boys asked length of my coilovers? took a pic and realized they are Adjusted all the way down!!! OOpppsss

(IMG)11668597725_da6d719888.jpg
Datsuncoiloverr by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Tried something different, heres my current aircleaner lid. Flat Black...

(IMG)11669003343_5abc2251d1.jpg
Datsunaircleanerr by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Heres a clear one. All my friends love the clear one!!!

(IMG)11668852273_f1b24dbf14.jpg
Datsunaircleaner by Datsunlover1971, on Flickr(/IMG)

Yep, its not my daily driver so yea mini truck feeling...LOL  I dont remember the spring weights but truck weight was 2820lbs with me in it. so speed shop ordered accordingly???