Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have noticed a blue 510 2dr on Highway 8 in Cornelius.(Just west of Winco area). It has been there for awhile, in storage? It looks to be in great shape and has a set of 5 spoke wheels. Ill try to take a picture of it sometime. Anyone know about this car?

I go for months and never see another Datsun and all of a sudden they are popping out of the woodwork.

When I saw this, my little heart skipped a beat. The first Datsun I had was a 1300 the same color as this. Spied on MLK and SE Hawthorne.

1300onMLK.jpg

I recognize that 520! It is another Datsun that has been converted into an electric vehicle years ago. The owner calls it "Baby Blue." It was initially converted by Plasma Boy, a big Datsun enthusiast and one of the people that inspired me to build some electric vehicles. My current project is a recently electrified Datsun 411 wagon that a few people may have seen at the Greenwood Car Show last weekend (where there was a serious lack of Datsuns this year.)

I recognize that 520! It is another Datsun that has been converted into an electric vehicle years ago. The owner calls it "Baby Blue." It was initially converted by Plasma Boy, a big Datsun enthusiast and one of the people that inspired me to build some electric vehicles. My current project is a recently electrified Datsun 411 wagon that a few people may have seen at the Greenwood Car Show last weekend (where there was a serious lack of Datsuns this year.)

Ill have to ask John about that car next time I see him :D

and ill add a few.....

060110_1450.jpg

IMG00067-20100619-1457.jpg

saw a 2 door 510 to day same color as mine i was driving over bye nismodr's house and a guy flagged me down and said hay i got one in my back yard so i fallowed the guy and bam a 2 door parked under a tarp. looked like it was nice befor he let the pine needle's pile up to the rockers

was driving in gladstone and spotted this

07022010519.jpg

I turned around to take the pic and this jeep pulled over, dude comes up and ask me about my truck, if i'm into datsuns, he has a 521 that hew was thinking of selling, we sat there on the side of the road chatting for a while, I think I talked him into keeping it, he said he had stalled on it because he can't find any support, i.e. parts and other datsun guys, i pointed him this way so hopefully he checks this joint out.

07022010516.jpg

07022010515.jpg

07022010518.jpg

had the cleanest dash I've ever seen on a 521

07022010517.jpg

he said he wrecked another 521 and swapped the motor out of it, sss head, dual su's,

didn't get to see under the bonnet tho

saw these two at work today

The green 71 wagon is mine,pretty cool seing it on here! it has a L20b and a non-dogleg 5-speed. i'm currently running a webber,but have the dual su's,just looking for a heat shield,choke cable,and some kind of air cleaners for them. the car DESPERATELY needs a new fuel tank! it sat from sometime in '94 until about 6 months ago with bad gas in it. it's apparently crumbling from the inside out! after 7 fuel filters,i finally installed a rebuildable filter. it still plugs the inlet in the tank ,dies,and then i have to pull the filter,use my tire pump to blow out the fuel line,and drain,and flush the tank, i've done this procedure about 30 times since i started driving it in june. i couldn't take it to the Canby show because of this,and the brake pedal,to master cylinder rod being adjusted too tight (tap the brakes 4 times,and they locked up,couldn't release). some folks at the show told me how to fix the brakes(i never would've guessed it) on the last day of the show. it only took 10 minutes to fix it,made me sick! if anyone has a wagon fuel tank near Canby for a reasonable price(i'm a laid off auto parts guy) let me know, i'm searching for one. thanks! -Loren lgolver@hotmail.com (503)560-4192

06232010502.jpg

06232010501.jpg

Just saw a white 4 door 510 with black trunk lid on columbia and vancouver. Who's is it?

Could have been me. Was on the way to PIR. New to Ratsun still working on getting pics together. I have had this car for over 20 years.

I spotted a blue dime across the street from Gladstone Nissan next to the Baskin Robins on Wed late morning (no camera on me sorry)

and then me and Kama spotted NismoDr. :lol:

P7010008.jpg

and my GF just texted me to tell me she spotted a dark yellow goon in Canby and I was that might be Dave lol and she goes it has a black hood if that helps and was like it is Dave!

DatsunonwaytoworkLarge.jpg

Was biking to work this morning and Mrs. d passed me. Sweet little car! Coming home I passed a police roadblock. Mrs. d was not impressed, they pulled her over because the sticker said July 1st. (expiry) The paperwork was fine till the 31st so our insurance agt. is a knob. Hot day at work, jump into hot little car, wait in 1/2 Km long line up to be pulled over. She is having a cold one and I am not going to bother her.