• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moar triagles .... :lol:

:lol: ... you couldn't be mOaR right INDY :thumbup:

Even I'm disgusted with the squares .. and I built it :rofl:

no worries ... moar triangles to come !

I always appreciate the tips/help :thumbup:

looks good!! :cool: ... that axle is WIDE ... flares??

Thanks INDY :thumbup:

lol .. yeah the tires (mounted .. and jacked up in air) look like they are going to poke about 4" on each-side :D ... :rofl:

Flares look to be a must :D ollz

I have to cut the outer/inner wheel well lips a bit (or completely off lol) for clearance anyways (contact areas at least).

I like flared muscle-cars and Targa edition ? 911 porsche's ... so inspiration comes from it haha.

I thought about having the diff shortened and decided against it ... I have to pull out and fix the drivers rear quarter either way ... as it's pushed in :rofl:

Common sense guides me to (lol) ultimately bring out the front wheels/tires ... so it looks "less" pigeon toed than it will with stock 240z offset/wheels :lol: ! Then... convert to 5-lug at same time and mount my other bullit wheels for a matching set !

I would venture to say with the right offset he could run stock fenders no prob. I could be wrong but it looks like it....

Fair assessment 72240z ! I would have thought the same :)

WMS-to-WMS = 59.25"-59.50" (I believe ?) off top of my head.

I believe it pokes a bit much for many people ... but perfect for me ... porsche-ish/muscle car look ... or fail :lol: .

It might poke like 4" inches each side ish ? (from outer top wheel well lip)

I might get away with clearancing the top contact-area's and using 3/16" structural tube frame with metal-flares over the top ( much like cf72wagon ? with Skib's old goon ... I can get similiar structural tubing for .50 cents a foot and go to town ! )

I bit off quite a chunk of a project for me either way ...lol

I'm more afraid of getting the flares/bodywork to look even than I am anything else haha !!

Damn 4 inches either side? lol Guess I'm way off there. It looks wider at a glance but I thought because you dont have the stock suspension in the way you could sport enough offset to make up for it. Guess not lol. Going to be boss either way.

Damn 4 inches either side? lol Guess I'm way off there. It looks wider at a glance but I thought because you dont have the stock suspension in the way you could sport enough offset to make up for it. Guess not lol. Going to be boss either way.

Exactly ! I was under a similiar impression going into it.

lol it's all good !

Hope it is boss :cool: .. Thanks man.

Picked up metal yesterday -------

• 40ft of 1.25" @ .120 wall round tube @ $1.96 per foot = $78.40

• 20ft of 3"x1" .120 wall rectangular tube @ $2.90 per foot = $58.00

• 40ft of 1"x1" @ .120 wall square tube @ $1.32 per foot = $52.80

• 10ft of 3/4" @ .120 wall round tube @ $1.68 per foot = $16.80

• 4ftx4ft 18-gauge sheet metal = $30.00

Total = $236.00

Ouch lol. Prices are still much cheaper than when Gas prices were clear up this summer. I paid $1.60 per foot for the 3x1 and $8.00 per sheet the last time I bought in quantity.

Boring update I know.

Do you happen to have the windows 7 disc that probably didnt come with the computer?

If not, you mostly have a recovery sector. When the computer first starts, and you have the loading bar, the last second of it loading or so, there are options, like "F12 for setup". Look for one that says boot options or something of the sort. There might be an option for a recovery mode in there. Its pretty safe, and windows 7 is decently smart at fixing itself.

Yes sir ! But no dice again.

Two options are presented after "ASus" pops up.(just like after incorrectly shutting of computer).

(1) launch startup repair

(2) start windows normally

"Windows failed to start. recent hardware or sOftware change might be the cause. If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly... Yada yada. No safe mode option either.