• no ... i love v8 swaps
    • yes ... traitor lolz
    • I like turtlez

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya f8 should be boot options. Can you get a win7 cd from someone? Manually pop it in when you boot you should still be given an option to boot from cd and either use the repair utility or to into command prompt where we could give you a few commands. Being able to get into bios you can change the boot priority too and just put the cd drive 1st.

I think you'll be fine when you get a cd. At least it doesnt seem like a hardware failure. When mine wouldnt get to post I know I was building a new computer lol.

A few months ago, I was using my laptop, and the harddrive made 1 loud click sound, that was all. Then windows 7 starts reporting all of these exes not being able to run anymore. I tried every trick of the trade to repair the OS, but it was not meant to be, too many missing files to reconstruct, had to reinstall. My harddrive has not done anything else weird since (yes I have a live backup to keep things safe).

One time my friends laptop wouldnt start windows. I stuck the harddrive into my computer as a second drive, and before even starting windows, it had detected corruption in the OS install, and fixed it immediately. I just blinked and asked, did checkdisk really just do that? Shoved the harddrive back to friends computer and all was well.

Most of these problems are easily repairable. Just takes time. I usually play video games while waiting. I was once payed $20 to remove a virus. I ate pizza and played call of duty, and after each match checked on the computer.

Synchro ---

Man... You get gold deals !

4-linking an option for is it ? ;)

All I can say is plan plan plan ... Draw draw ... Measure measure measure.... Write down and take lots and lots of pictures.

There are a LOT of things to consider/traffics/sacrifice

4-link calculators ... Good stuff but will crash your brain at the same time lol takes 1 wrong cqlculation to mess up everything lol.

Jegs sells an entire frame/4-link setup for s30's. Something to consider.

The competition engineering/jegs kit looks like it's a drag setup more than anything.

StroffegenMotorsports has a good knowledge and experience to lend.

I've been pm'ing him back and forth after the fact of mine being setup.

A few months ago, I was using my laptop, and the harddrive made 1 loud click sound, that was all. Then windows 7 starts reporting all of these exes not being able to run anymore. I tried every trick of the trade to repair the OS, but it was not meant to be, too many missing files to reconstruct, had to reinstall. My harddrive has not done anything else weird since (yes I have a live backup to keep things safe).

One time my friends laptop wouldnt start windows. I stuck the harddrive into my computer as a second drive, and before even starting windows, it had detected corruption in the OS install, and fixed it immediately. I just blinked and asked, did checkdisk really just do that? Shoved the harddrive back to friends computer and all was well.

Most of these problems are easily repairable. Just takes time. I usually play video games while waiting. I was once payed $20 to remove a virus. I ate pizza and played call of duty, and after each match checked on the computer.

I wish my prob was a nice fixable software issue lol. Not even able to get to post leaves so few options. I swapped out ram, hds, cpu's, used just one of the sli vid cards(tried both) blah blah all in a bare bones set up and nada. Mobo was the only thing I couldnt swap. Checked that the rails all had power and I went over it looking for a fried component but nothing.

Idk lemons to lemonade it lasted me for a long time and now I am back to a current bad ass comp lol. 4.0 xeon on a gigabyte overclocking board, 24 gig of ram, nvidia 480gts all water cooled blah blah blah lol. I cant wait for bioshock infinite to come out so I can really see what this thing can do.

Eh my friend needs quick cash and told me to make an offer, so I gave him what I had in my wallet. Haven't picked it up yet but I'm probably gonna do the v8 swap part first, as for the 4 link setup that won't be for a while. mostly just wanted to grab a t5 tranny bolt it up to my old 305 v8 out of my camaro and drop it in the 280z and have some fun, granted I'm sure its not quite that simple but its shouldn't be to much trouble, its not like its a track car, just something to slide around. I was honestly ready to pull out of z's and really would likie to sell my 76, tired of fixing it and I'm sure I could get atleast $800 out of the 76.

Sounds like a plan !

Cam and headwork and that would be a lot of fun hehe. (Much like I will do sometime in the next 20 years lol )

Yup you're correct.. v8 stuff shouldn't be too much hassle.

Smaller balancer ... smaller distributor ... smaller air cleaner.... Driveline angles will be interesting to you.

280zxt/2+2 tri-pod cv axles may be needed lol.

You can make trans mount fairly easily , but engine mounts personal preference.

T5's are a hoot !

3.90's and 4.11's diffs are available lol.

3.54 is about right though. All around ...

• 3 weeks later...

4-link is axed.

3-link now and still using watts link. (Using the same arms , rods , brackets)

Mind made up.

Its pretty different from the last picture.

1355892421_zpsfba993c6.jpg

Top edge of forward 3rd link mount will be lopped off soon (chasis side vertical 1x3 tubing) and tubing capped.

Tri-angle at the very top rear made from 1"x3" (running horizontal) is now 100% necessary for 3rd arm clearance. (I don't like it but packaging requirements call for clearance). Org will be clearanced.

3rd link arm is not mounted in the picture.

More bracimg wil be added. Even more triangles to come :rofl:

Big thanks to stroffegenmotorsports.

Posting pictures is rather slow for me at the moment.

Watts link support area. It will have 1 more large triangle attached and bracing as well.

Watts link center pivot point will be re-drilled higher as needed.

Angle iron pieces were temporarily tack welded in until I finalized placement on several items.

You can see the brackets cut off freshly (4-link) nesr pumpkin.

Lower brackets have some random pieces of 1.25 round tube sitting in them.

Upper shock brackets are just tack welded until permanet tubing is welded in. Then gusseted. More layout than anything.

1355895094_zps5cccef2a.jpg

Overall I'm fairly pleased with how this is coming along.

I've made just as many adjustmemts/mistakes as I have victorys.

I have no idea whats going on with the ass end, but it looks menacing.

Looks like it Can handle some serious hamster powers.

Shooting for 12 hamster power. 14 will break it. Haha-

I won't pretend to know either , but it is fun. (Watts link is just a side to side locater and tri-angles are stronger than squeares for those who don't know ... at least I believe so :) )

.120 wall tube was thickest I could buy :rolleyes:

It looks like a diamond ... or a house ... idk

:)