200hp l20

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry not a build thread but i almost have a friend convinced to swap an l20 into his car instead of a 4age 20v but he wants to see what he will need for around 200whp n/a could someone point me to a build thread or just a parts list of their car making about this power thanks

You may be able to do this but for what purpose? It will be undriveable below 6K and only alive out on the track at full throttle.

It is posible,but very expensive,and has to rev to 10k,no power under 6k,14t:1 compression 110 octane gas,it is pretty common in racing world to see this kind of numbers.100hp per liter.Engine would be completely not drivable on the street.My race L16 bored .40 over with closed chamber head,hi lift cam lots of head work makes about 150 at the crank.Cost to build over $6000 plus intake and carbs.Better and cheaper way is to stick SR20DET and call it a day.Still 2liter engine:)

Those guys can do it. http://www.rebelloracing.com/

Troy ermish built a 2.3 liter big bore l20 that dynoed 198hp and 198tqs http://www.ermish-racing.com/home.cfm . Not 200 hp but damn near close and runs off 91 octane

Looks like this shows that 200HP is completely reasonable out of a stroker L4. Quite impressive numbers for 91 octane, and in my opinion 181tq and 140hp by 4000 rpm sounds completely streetable!

Anything is possible just depends on how much you want to pay. Big bore stroker l4 with a lot of headwork, big cam, EFI, with TWM itb's good gas avalibilty running a Edis like setup for ignition and living at a good altitude for optimum timing advance I bet you could do it.

Exactly. You could get 200 hp from a 1200 if you try hard enough but it would be like putting a motorcycle engine in your car. No usable torque for take offs and driving around town. Terrible idle, very poor running when warming up, $7 aviation gas, accelerated strain and wear on all parts. OR 5 liter SBC... same power all day, rock steady idle in all conditions, cheap economy gas, low maintenance. Will effortlessly rip the tires off the rims.

A mildly 'built' KA would work.

exactly for the amount it would take to buy the ermish motor and make it run your already 5k in the hole for that you can get and build a bad ass sr ka or vg and still have a basic set up to build on and make even more power 200hp is basicly the peak of an l20b but is a rather good starting point for the other platforms mentioned

I guess it also depends what you want to see when you open the hood. Personally a vg is a waste of time. Heavy, not cheap to install and lets face it, bolt on's. What bolt on's. Headers, intake, a Holley. The heads are junk too. V6 torque is all you get. SR swap....geting closer. KA swap, even better. The bottom line is 200 hp from any combo isn't going to be cheap. I've dyno'd alot of combo's. The stock ka24de is the most power, (NA), for the dollar on the dyno. I'm talking about a used engine with ??? miles. Now if you want to level the playing field and rebuild that KA, cams, include a header, wiring harness work, fuel pump, x-member flip,and all the other little extra's needed to rock a good looking and running ka is going to be ALL of $5000. Same as a new 200hp 2.3 and all the bolt on's and its a nice and easy install!

Which brings me back to the first comment. "It depends on what you want to see when you open the hood." I love the L-series and I think the L-series belongs in a 510. The fj20 is a pretty cool swap but hard to get parts for. The ka24de with carbs looks good too. I don't think there is easy answer to the age old question..."How to make power and not spend very much $$$". Just my opinion...Troy Ermish

Nissan 1.6 makes more power than 4AGE 20-valve(175 hp Nissan SR16VE to 160HP 4-AGE.20). The SR16VE-n with factory Autech parts makes 200hp -- stock! I see no reasons whatsoever for fitting 4AGE to any Nissan vehicle. Well maybe if someone gives it to you ...

Whatever mods you can do to 4AGE, you can do to a Nissan engine. So what's the point?

Hope he has 10,000 - 20,000 $$$$ to spend Can be done but your talkin' 14:1 compression and a Metric shit ton of machine work and race "only" parts NOT streetable at all power band be in the 4500-8500 range,Try a SR20 n/a ALOT cheeper and easier to get in the 200hp range

...X2

14:1 is streetable if you build it streetable. It doesn't require extra high-RPM or long-duration camshafts, but only takes a high-octane fuel... which probably isn't street-legal. So use E85? The octane isn't that high, but guys are reporting it allows high CRs even so.

OP probably didn't get his answer. He hasn't been back ...

Guest kamakazi620

Didnt know Ratsun had alot of High Rollers$$$$$$$ Go to "the 510 Realm"

^^^^^^hahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha :lol: :lol: :o :o :lol: :lol: You Said it!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaa So True!!!!