200hp l20

Sorry not a build thread but i almost have a friend convinced to swap an l20 into his car instead of a 4age 20v but he wants to see what he will need for around 200whp n/a could someone point me to a build thread or just a parts list of their car making about this power thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Sorry not a build thread but i almost have a friend convinced to swap an l20 into his car instead of a 4age 20v but he wants to see what he will need for around 200whp n/a could someone point me to a build thread or just a parts list of their car making about this power thanks

Hope he has 10,000 - 20,000 $$$$ to spend Can be done but your talkin' 14:1 compression and a Metric shit ton of machine work and race "only" parts NOT streetable at all power band be in the 4500-8500 range,Try a SR20 n/a ALOT cheeper and easier to get in the 200hp range

Guest kamakazi620

Sure, anything can be done. But at what cost??

This has every sign of a pipe dream that will be headed for the scrapyard as an unfinished project.

and since its in arizona I wont make a penny off of any of the parts :(

Guest kamakazi620

ive been told of built L18 dyno'ed at about 200hp. never seen it, only been told about it. didnt say anything about a turbo or supercharger

150-175 at the crank CAN be done cheaply LOTS of headwork Z valves BIG cam and sidedraft DCOE's and high compression,But who can afford 110+ octane gas everyday???

good luck. Its not impossible but far from practical.

tell him to stick with the 20v.

its a good little motor.

I helped an old buddy build a 20v 86 coupe, it was a fun drift slut.

Guest kamakazi620

good luck. Its not impossible but far from practical.

tell him to stick with the 20v.

its a good little motor.

I helped an old buddy build a 20v 86 coupe, it was a fun drift sluG When running on a parking lot soaked in WD40.

FIXED!!!!!!!!!

Definitely possible. If you have to ask the question, you don't have enough money. Lots of compression, lots of 110 or better octane. The L head is limiting, a KADE head would flow much better, or an SR20 head.

• Like 1