REALLY in a pickle...$200 for your help PLEASE

chilibiskits4

heres the scenario...

went to work today, as im about 500 feet from the bldg, notice my clutch is completely gone.... i thought i had more life in it, but it doesnt...

it is crucial that i get this clutch in before monday. i have a new clutch sitting at home.

if ANYONE can help me out, i will give you all the beer necessary plus $200 bucks if you can change this puppy out.

thanks guys.

Kris

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wheres Pumpkin? call him 253 224 1139

where in Auburn you live? Is it a heated garage. or out in parkin lot?

you adjust the slave cylinder.

a clutch usuaully dont go out all at once. it slowely wears where you know its slipping.

beer necessary ???? Its necessary tools you have???????

i have a house in lakeland hills in auburn.. i have an enclosed garage... (not really heated)

its not that the clutch all of a sudden wore out, its been slipping, which is why i purchased a replacement one a while back. it just decided to totally crap out on me today.... i knew it was coming.. just not this soon.

beer isnt necessary.. just thought it would make the deal a little more enticing.. i have a socket set... no jacks or jack stands though. i usually try and do work at my in laws but they are out of town.. which makes things a little difficult.

ive tried to get ahold of pumkin, with no luck.. where is he by the way?

B210 is EASY!!!! No joke, it's literally the easiest car to put a clutch in. Good luck!

yep

Hainz, you shoulda pmed the #, and where is auburn?

They always sent the wrong allighnment tool.

The hardest part is stabbing the trans back in

5 speeds always come with the wrong pilot byshing, couse the clutch kit has a l series part number. Good luck. If its not to far ill lend a hand, if its too far for punkin I mean.

I didn't see your mom on that page...

B210 is EASY!!!! No joke, it's literally the easiest car to put a clutch in

Then you haven't changed a clutch on Datsun 310. Don't even need to remove the transmission. Just remove a cover plate, remove the jackshaft and drop it in.

But you could have half the stuff prepped before Pumkin gets there.

Lifted on jacks

drive line removed

stick shift removed starter out and battery disconnected.

Add:

Oil Drained

Jack under tail end of tranny with mount unbolted (3 bolts hold mount to body) You may have to unhang the exhaust in the rear to get to the driver side bolts.

All bolts holding tranny to motor removed (there is a depth variation on the bolts, keep track of what goes where. Have a piece of cardboard with holes in it, as you remove the bolts put them in the appropriate hole on cardboard).

Wiring disconnected from the neutral safety switch, reverse light switch.