chilibiskits4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add:

Oil Drained

Jack under tail end of tranny with mount unbolted (3 bolts hold mount to body) You may have to unhang the exhaust in the rear to get to the driver side bolts.

All bolts holding tranny to motor removed (there is a depth variation on the bolts, keep track of what goes where. Have a piece of cardboard with holes in it, as you remove the bolts put them in the appropriate hole on cardboard).

Wiring disconnected from the neutral safety switch, reverse light switch.

molre often than not, i wouldve done all of the above, but i have a sniffling 2 year old that needs attention at the moment.. so, im just gonna have to let pumkin work for the money this time...;)

thanks again for all the help fellas.

So the clutch wasnt the prollem, it was... you guessed it, the slave! Replaced that and the brake booster, as per need. Took it out to test drive and couldnt find anything but 1st and 2nd. after an intensive search for reverse i backed it back into the garage. It was then jammed and had to be rocked back and forth to un-bind the trans, and was never able to find reverse again! Its a 60series and we may replace it with a dogleg...

Argh, I know that feel, bros.

I went through 4 4-speeds before I finally found my truck 5sp for the 510.

Each and every time, it would lock in 4th gear and wouldn't come out without a lot of brute force.

I had to drive through downtown Grants Pass on a friday afternoon with only 4th gear... talk about a smoke storm, that clutch smelled so bad I wanted to puke! BUT I MADE IT HOME!

Out of curiosity, are L and A series transmissions the same, Dave?

No it makes no sense -- it is not an L-series transmission. The B210 5-speed is a 63-series transmission for the A-series engine.

The smaller 60-series gearboxes come in dogleg pattern, and non-dogleg pattern.

63a is an a series trans , wich is what I said, that is verry close to the 200sx trans.

The main shaft is slightly different, the pilot bushing is different, the bell housing is different . you fallowing me? op has a 60 series in his b210, wich is not stock.

63A is a type of transmission. They made versions for L-series engines and versions for A-series engines.

63A was used on the 1977-1979 Datsun 200SX with L20B. The "A" doesn't indicate engine type, but indicates transmission revision.

60L was used on A14 and A15 engines, and is a dogleg transmission.

.... Yeah, the l series 63 can be modified to fit a series, exit64 has a lseries 63 swapped to a series that used to be mine years ago. The 60l is not a b210 trans, I know some were rally shift, the early one I think, but I was babaling on about the 63a.

• 1 month later...