Real one off fabrication

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there we go internet Nazis come out. you guys suck! just take a step back and let the fucking guy write. if he cant its his problem. scared him off. im sure i made tons of punctuation mistakes and i say fuck you if you want to call me out on it. its turning into all other lame ass forums and you says keep saying this place is different.

Word.

There's only so much "fun" a person can have by being a douche.

How is a forum supposed to grow and gain members and content, when all the content for new members that aren't tits-perfect

get insta-trolled? Kind of lame IMHO. Even if it is funny (which admittedly, I found at least some of it humorous...) it doesn't mean it's

professional, too.

Welcome to Ratsun, Draggin'.

Now that you know the general consensus of the forum, your next post should likely include some pictures. We all love seeing people's fab work. :)

• Like 3
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Word.

There's only so much "fun" a person can have by being a douche.

How is a forum supposed to grow and gain members and content, when all the content for new members that aren't tits-perfect

get insta-trolled? Kind of lame IMHO. Even if it is funny (which admittedly, I found at least some of it humorous...) it doesn't mean it's

professional, too.

Welcome to Ratsun, Draggin'.

Now that you know the general consensus of the forum, your next post should likely include some pictures. We all love seeing people's fab work. :)

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. Yes that's a Subi, no they weren't the same. Fuji Heavy Industries is vastly different than Nissan. However, many of the differentials and transmissions and window switches found in Subarus new and old are actually built by Nissan.

As far as the actual cars though, they're about as far apart as a VW Beetle and the Batmobile.

• Like 1

I feel ya draggin, some of these folks wont tho, subies(if youve torn a few apart) are EXACTLY like a datsun.

Ratrods will die when rock'n'roll does.

And most of us are obviusly dicks, as you probly noticed. Our wives wont touch us, so we take it out on the new guy as soon as we can. Trolling with limp flacid members shrivled between our common sense and curtisy.

welcome to ratsun, I hate box flairs, good luck.

• Like 1

there we go internet Nazis come out. you guys suck! just take a step back and let the fucking guy write. if he cant its his problem. scared him off. im sure i made tons of punctuation mistakes and i say fuck you if you want to call me out on it. its turning into all other lame ass forums and you says keep saying this place is different.

i concur, yeah dont post much(or hardly at all) but ive been around. let the guy get some history before you tear him apart.

• Like 1

Do your research its a subaru. Datsun and Subaru were the same until late 80s.

I'm sure you don't mean that.

Fuji Heavy Industries is a large conglomerate that builds auto parts, among other things and sell to many makers, and currently makes Subaru cars. Nissan has owned about 1/5 interest in FHI from the late '60s till 2000. Toyota is also a shareholder. Is it any wonder that later Subaru differentials fit 510s and Toyota 4x4 calipers bolt on to early 240Zs? There is much more cooperation and sharing between car makers in Japan than in N Am but although Datsun/Nissan and Subaru are not the same they may share many things in common.

Well just to make a point clear I researched this site and thought what the hell. Im on the ultimate subaru site, which in all general is cool but they go all original parts and yada yada. My plans for this thing are all fabbed gear from the rollpan to the grille. Hence I liked ratsun, because most ratrod sites want 1940 and older so that eliminates me. I just though getting a few brainy guys from here to help with wheels, body accesories, even great interior ideas would be cool. Sorry if I offended anyone but In the mid 70s Subaru and datsun were together for the drivetrain. That is how come subaru had selectable 4wd and the rear diff and center differential was the same.

Come on give me a chance im a pretty cool guy!!!!!

It's all good man, we're just sticklers and kind of a bunch of assholes until you get to know us. In truth, many of us are super helpful and will go above and beyond. That's why we're kind of hard on the new guys, don't want to give a bunch of advice and support only to have the newb drop out after a few failed attempts at resurrecting some Datsun. (dwnshifter?) :P

Oh, and that said, you MUST get a Datsun soon or your avatar will become Raymond. Just sayin' ;)

I just though getting a few brainy guys from here to help with wheels, body accesories, even great interior ideas would be cool.

Come on give me a chance im a pretty cool guy!!!!!

We can deffinately help you with wheels, interior, and custom body mods ...... I reccomend you make a build thread in the Non-Datto section

..... Bonvo has a similar Subaru wagon build thread at the bottom of the main page

Welcome to Ratsun

This thread is a waste of space and time. I think I will work on my 510's now.

Waste of what? .0001% of a hard drive? Since that is where this gets stored...

And time, well you are the one on the internet not working on your 510. Waste of time? No. Character check, maybe.

Just because it was a waste of time for you, doesnt mean it was for everyone.

• Like 2