"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

Unfortunately, my car is already painted. So I have to take care not to cause too much paint to chip or crack.

I am more interested in cutting the second lip out or pounding it in. I hear THAT is the one to worry about...

As stated, use a heat gun and oven mits. My paint was peeling and coming off anyways so I just hammered it and took out some paint while i was there :rofl:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full CF. It's a little f'd up but after I recover from the huge cost of all of this,

I am going to change the hood. I have a straight oem hood but I am thinking

another CF one. I just need to find a company that has a good mold. Then I

want to do a black CF with blue kevlar....

From far away, it looks like my blue but when you get up it, out has the black cf in it.

Hey John, do you have a pic of the front of your car head on? I noticed that the front valance is cut to lower the intercooler. I am trying to mount my intercooler around 1.5" lower but will have to cut my valance. I want to see what yours looks like before I do it.

Depending on the IC, you should only have to trim a little off...

So, the dude that had my car before just cut a "Little" out of the Apron/Valance.... Just enough to clear the IC...

Here, take a look at my Bow Legged Dime and you'll see what I mean....

2012-08-10153021.jpg

PS, I am in the market for a straight Apron.

• Like 1

Some Updates..

Applied some Gold DEI Heat Shield to the Firewall. It used to get so hot in the cabin.

I was going to do the whole fire wall but too many contours. It would have been too wrinkled...

Hopefully this will be enough to reflect some of the heat. I will also be wrapping the down pipe too....

2012-08-10153256.jpg

2012-08-10153314.jpg

Also color matched the HID Ballasts because they are in full view on the side of the bay....

2012-08-10181259.jpg

Also had this ORIGIN Coil Cover Color Matched....

2012-08-10181602.jpg

And while I was at it, I took apart a Hotwheel and made a mini version of my car!!!! Sweet!

2012-08-10181425.jpg

• Like 1

Fuck, this is the flossiest engine bay ever! Love your build, dude.

Shit, I hope it is. But although you may think it is no expenses spared, there its so much more I would do of money was no object...

But I digress, the bay is going to look 110% better than before. Not to mention the bullet proof monster motor!