"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great meme Indy!

So, 15x7 -1 should be fine right?

Should look perfect front and rear ... I like my 195/45/15's (Federal's or Toyo's) .. but smaller tires can be run for a "streched look"

Depending on how low you want to go, you should be able to fix some of the negative camber in the back for more traction (which you'll need ... :lol:) .. . . . Do you have 280zx front struts??

your rear fenders didn't look "rolled" at all. The Longchamps will probably just fit without rolling, or fixing any rear camber. Some guys who use those "futo-fab" style rear camber adjusters, need mild flares just to fit a 15x7 +0, but that's with almost NO negative camber.. I'm shure you can fit those wheels under stock fenders if you keep a little rear camber . My "stock" rear camber is so bad I could run a 15x7 -20, no problem ... :lol:

here's my stock rear camber and a 15x7 +0 with 195/45/15 federals:

6321138899_fb5f6f47c6_b.jpg

This is a 165/45/15 on a 15x7:

5905254984_9c538a503e_b.jpg

And a 195/45/15 Federal on a 15x7 ....... needs to be somewhere in-between the 2 for the front IMO:

5847355825_bd71ed4077_b.jpg

Oh and the secret......

Brand New, Discontinued, Still In Original Boxes, with Original Metal Caps and Original Valve Stems.....

SSR Longchamp XR-4's..... Never used or mounted! I am the very first owner!!!

2012-08-03155747.jpg

i hate you, i hate you more than i have words for. But i only hate you cus im super jelly.....................

at least i can admit it, those are freekn hot!

• Like 1

Should look perfect front and rear ... I like my 195/45/15's (Federal's or Toyo's) .. but smaller tires can be run for a "streched look"

Depending on how low you want to go, you should be able to fix some of the negative camber in the back for more traction (which you'll need ... :lol:) .. . . . Do you have 280zx front struts??

your rear fenders didn't look "rolled" at all. The Longchamps will probably just fit without rolling, or fixing any rear camber. Some guys who use those "futo-fab" style rear camber adjusters, need mild flares just to fit a 15x7 +0, but that's with almost NO negative camber.. I'm shure you can fit those wheels under stock fenders if you keep a little rear camber . My "stock" rear camber is so bad I could run a 15x7 -20, no problem ... :lol:

here's my stock rear camber and a 15x7 +0 with 195/45/15 federals:

This is a 165/45/15 on a 15x7:

And a 195/45/15 Federal on a 15x7 ....... needs to be somewhere in-between the 2 for the front IMO:

You are AWESOME Indy! I love the fitment on your first oic!

Yes, I have 280 struts....

i hate you, i hate you more than i have words for. But i only hate you cus im super jelly.....................

at least i can admit it, those are freekn hot!

Dude, thanks! You just know what these are. Allot of "enthusiests" don't.

Believe me, I am jelly over something every week! hahaha

It gives me higher aspirations to shoot for! lol

Dude, thanks! You just know what these are. Allot of "enthusiests" don't.

Believe me, I a jelly over something every week! hahaha

It gives me higher aspirations to shoot for! lol

Is that suppose to be a dig at me? I like XR4s I do. I was just expecting more from the way you built it up with that super long post...

You have fine wheels and I'm sure they will look great.

Is that suppose to be a dig at me? I like XR4s I do. I was just expecting more from the way you built it up with that super long post...

You have fine wheels and I'm sure they will look great.

Oh hell no bro. You are cool as fuck in my books mang.

And you know what these are anyways. No Trippin Tristin.... Hahaha

You are a fellow enthusiast bro and shit, the specs on your champs are even more better than mine.

I just want to know how you fit 8.5 -anything on a dime and tuck too?!

It's just about neg camber and tire size. Because the rear is do low it naturally gives me neg so it slides right into the well. And with a touch of stretch, the lips clear the tire no problem.

I only have a tiny roll (I could roll more, actually cut the inner lip off, or do a small pull) and I could clear an even wider rim. As it sits now, I have about a flat fingers space between tire an well lip; no rubbing driving or during bumps due to slightly stiffer shocks.

• Like 1

In a few days after it has totally cured, I am going to cover the whole Fire Wall with the Gold DEI Heat Shield.

Shits going to keep my cockpit from heating up and Pop like a muthr fukr on that blue!

What you think?

I dunno, ill wait till i see it though :D

It's just about neg camber and tire size. Because the rear is do low it naturally gives me neg so it slides right into the well. And with a touch of stretch, the lips clear the tire no problem.

I only have a tiny roll (I could roll more, actually cut the inner lip off, or do a small pull) and I could clear an even wider rim. As it sits now, I have about a flat fingers space between tire an well lip; no rubbing driving or during bumps due to slightly stiffer shocks.

You don't need to chop the lip off... a ballpeen hammer works wonders, just hammer them up and in with your hand on the outside pressing in and it'll come out great!

• Like 1

You don't need to chop the lip off... a ballpeen hammer works wonders, just hammer them up and in with your hand on the outside pressing in and it'll come out great!

What if using a heat gun to warm the paint so it does not crack? Can't hold onto the outside of the lip if it is hot. What do you suggest?

Using an oven mitt. You can still use the heat gun and apply a decent amount of pressure... I originally wasn't saying that was the route I was taking. I just listed options that one could take to fit larger wheels.

The real plan should be to roll the fenders before you paint, then you wouldn't have to worry about using a heat gun or cracking any paint. Work smarter, not harder.

Using an oven mitt. You can still use the heat gun and apply a decent amount of pressure... I originally wasn't saying that was the route I was taking. I just listed options that one could take to fit larger wheels.

The real plan should be to roll the fenders before you paint, then you wouldn't have to worry about using a heat gun or cracking any paint. Work smarter, not harder.

Unfortunately, my car is already painted. So I have to take care not to cause too much paint to chip or crack.

I am more interested in cutting the second lip out or pounding it in. I hear THAT is the one to worry about...

Obviously hitting the car with a hammer with cause some damage but even rolling could be troublesome. The paint is hardened to the shape that the car is now. Once you try to change its shape (rolling or hitting) the paints not going to like it.

If you're going to roll then go very slow and use a generous amount of heat to soften the paint while you gently roll/pull your fenders. This isn't a job you can rush if you want to save the paint.

• Like 1