"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

Well, the gods were in my corner yesterday! After attempting to back out a broken exhaust manny stud, I broke an easy out off in the stud.

FUUUUUUUUUUU

So I found myself running around all day looking for a carbide bit. I finally found one in the Dremel isle had to spend $$$ on Dremel

and other stuff Uggg

So I went home to start my journey not knowing if it would work. Well. afer 45 minutes of pecking at the broken bit, I finally chipped it out

enough to get another easy out in there. And it came out!!! Whoo Hoo!!

So I went ahead and replaced ALL of my studs! Now my exhaust manny is on!

2012-06-09161950.jpg

2012-06-09175635.jpg

2012-06-10091136.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a NISSAN fan since I was born!!!! I remember the days when they we're called jap crap. Anyway the first car I ever bought was a NISSAN Hardbody! NEVER LEFT ME STRANDED!!! Then A few others I had Honda's toytas, I still have a Toyota, NOTHING WAS AS MUCH FUN TO DRIVE THEN THE HARDBODY or THE NISSAN SER SPEC V. I drool over lb20S,RBs, shit sr20det. You have a great motor sir

• Like 1

Even more parts.

Almost ready to install my Surge Tank.

I just need to figure out the wiring for the 2nd Fuel Pump...

Some Fittings for my Filter and Fuel Lines....

Still waiting on a few more that were on back order....

FuelFittings.jpg

A Dual Fan Control with built in 50amp Relays and breaker switches....

(Got a free hat too! About time something was free! HAHAHA)

FanControl.jpg

You know I will. Flex-a-Lite has a simple one for 35 with a push in probe. But I have 2 HO (high output) fans that need the relays and breakers. Plus this one can be set at any temp between 140-250F and the 2nd fan turns on 10 degrees higher.... It uses a temp sensor that I screw onto the block or radiator.$125 but it's all self contained.

I have a buddy coming on Sat to help. I have 2 SR's and 2 engine stands but no cherry picker.

So I couldn't go any further till I can get a hoist. So he is bringing a hoist.

My new SR is still on it's shipping stand and the other is on a 4 wheel engine stand.

I needed to Transfer the stripped long block to the 3 wheeled stand and them transfer the

New SR to the 4 wheel stand. No way am I trusting a cheap 3 wheel stand to hold an $11k

Motor! Just ain't happening.....

Then I have to install the upper and lower oil pan. Ater that, there are just a few other things

like the alternator and belt then motor is finished. I will install the CAS, VC and plugs after

initial motor priming.

After the motor is installed, I will then crank the motor without VC, plugs OR CAS to check

Oil pressure and such. Then I will install CAS, VC and plugs and the fire her up!

And I will be taking vids to commemorate this joyous event! Lol

• Like 2