"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out, hella beefy cast iron clutch fork, almost no flex and I got a good feeling it should work with your sr trans, maybe worth looking into if you're interested. Arthur swapped out his stamped for the iron one.

http://www.zspeedperformance.com/Nissan-90-96-300zx-Heavy-Duty-Clutch-Fork-Upgrade-Kit-cd000kit.htm

Cuz with stamped this is always a possibility

Cuz that's what happened to mine lol

8283e2e9.jpg

Dang! That thing looks like it has better days anyways.

I also read that the Z32 clutch is super stiff too.

Did you get one of these clutch forks? What Nissan P/N is the Z32 fork? 30531-01S60?

I would go that route cause I still need to get a heavy duty pivot ball too and the Nismo is $60 by itself.

So, what fluids are you using in your tranny and diff? I am about to do some research on R200 diffs with NISMO clutch pack 2 way LSD.

Trying to figure out what oil and additive I need.....

Honestly I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, I just have the regular stamped one still cut I only found out about this after I got my car back togather. Experience tells me to use what the factory says to use. Older z transmissions use GL4 gear oil, GL5 will eff up the brass collars on the shift forks, once again I can attest to that, mine is getting hard to shift an I used GL5. As far as synthetic alternatives? No clue. Arthur used some kind of fancy gear oil with a bottle of LSD additive in his Nissan CLSD.

So I emailed Mazworx as they do allot of tranny work and conversions and they said that the VG and the SR20 Forks should be the same.

Here is an installation guide that shows the two forks side by side.

http://www.mazworx.c...tructions_2.pdf

So if I get this Iron Fork and it does not work, will you buy it from me for about the same price? lol

I just woke up from fainting!

I just got a huge update from Mazworx on my motor.

It went form contacting them several times last week and finally getting a reply saying,

"Your motor is back in line for assembly," to now it's almost finished!

This is going to be one sexy ass motor!!!

DSC06762.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

DSC06765.jpg

DSC06766.jpg

DSC06767.jpg

DSC06768.jpg

DSC06769.jpg

DSC06770.jpg

DSC06771.jpg

DSC06772.jpg

DSC06773.jpg

DSC06774.jpg

I just went from six to midnight

Hahaha, You should of seen how excited I got when I started opening the pics!!!! BOING!!

Oh my god.

That's a beautiful piece of machinery.

Can I please at least be there when you drive it? lol...

:lol:

With my health issues lately, Shit, I hope I'm there when it's finally finished!!!

We'll all have to hook up sooner or later. Did you go to Datsloco last weekend?

With my health issues lately, Shit, I hope I'm there when it's finally finished!!!

We'll all have to hook up sooner or later. Did you go to Datsloco last weekend?

Yeah, get better!!

Of course I went lol I took a ton of oics!!

• Like 1

Shit, I was there too. Dang, It would have been cool to meet up.

I've seen over 80% of the cars there already anyways. So I only took pics of the C10...

EXACTLY!!

I didn't see anybody from Ratsun though, except James.. lol recognized him quick.

hopefully in one of the next meets we'll all meet each other!

Hell dude I live right next to you I bet!!

• Like 1

Now all of a sudden, Mazworx is saying they are ready to ship!!

WTF. Like I said, it went from last Wednesday being in line for assembly to ready to ship in 3 working days.

No complaints, gives me a little time to do some things to the motor and swap out parts from the old one.

Can't wait!!!

Now all of a sudden, Mazworx is saying they are ready to ship!!

WTF. Like I said, it went from last Wednesday being in line for assembly to ready to ship in 3 working days.

No complaints, gives me a little time to do some things to the motor and swap out parts from the old one.

Can't wait!!!

It doesnt take long to assemble an engine. The hardest part is the prep work. Those guys are pros too, I bet it only took them a couple of hours to get it together.

• Like 1

It doesnt take long to assemble an engine. The hardest part is the prep work. Those guys are pros too, I bet it only took them a couple of hours to get it together.

Ya, They are professionals. I'll give you that! They are even shipping it totally pro like too.

It's on a engine stand frame, bolted to the pallet, strapped and wrapped and a box over the whole thing!

Now I just got to procure a few more parts for my tranny, fuel system and engine and get my buddy to get going on the engine bay... Giggity!!

this thread is awesome. major props on the car dude. i wish i could have been at the datsloco meet, but sometimes life happens.

Thanks man! Life does happen, believe me, I KNOW!! Datsloco is always a good time!

Gino is thinking of having another one Mid summer maybe.

Oh, and pm'd....