"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about your trunk lock. Does it mount flush or is it slightly elevated? I have a Stanza lock, same flip/rotate thing as the Silvia, and from mocking it up I'd have to do some working to the trunk to make it flush.

Question about your trunk lock. Does it mount flush or is it slightly elevated? I have a Stanza lock, same flip/rotate thing as the Silvia, and from mocking it up I'd have to do some working to the trunk to make it flush.

It mounts flat to the deck lid with no gap in-between. Is that what you were referring to?

Here's a side view pic....

510CRSXMeet4-9-113-1.jpg

Ok, so I am going to do my Engine Bay too.

This is what it looks like currently....

BLOXOH2011My510.jpg

I want some input as to what you think....

I am going to stitch weld the whole bay and fill/shave most everything else.

I will be painting it Blue (same as the car)

I also was thinking about painting the frame rails in the engine bay black. I want the illusion of a bottomless or deep engine bay.

I was also thinking about blacking out the whole front, behind the grill and headlights. Maybe even the intercooler.

I will be refinishing my grill to include the black stripping in the headlight bezels too.

510CRSXMeet4-9-114.jpg

Wish I have a good apron I can slightly cut up to replace this hacked up one....

Also I am thinking of putting up heat shield on the fire wall like this for all the heat.

Of course I will install it much more cleanly....

HeatShield.jpg

GoldHeatShield.jpg

So what other things would you suggest?

there is so much win in this page so far i need to change my pants - i really love your car. Unfortunately i have nothing constructive to add :huh:

I know most of the win is in the S15 Mazworks SR23VET but thanks. Any input is welcomed. Constructive or not. :cool:

Here is a link to the build thread of that S15... Get a couple towels, your gonna need 'em! S15 SR23VET

Can't tell in the pic all that well, but have you filed all the unnecessary temp bosses/inlets and sender ports from your manifolds? I know that's something that my dad does to his cars, makes everything really clean looking and having all the old screw bosses you aren't using welded up or filed off makes the engine look like it belongs in the car cool.gif

Wish I had an engine to do it lol

sweet dime no matter what direction you go though

• Like 1

Can't tell in the pic all that well, but have you filed all the unnecessary temp bosses/inlets and sender ports from your manifolds? I know that's something that my dad does to his cars, makes everything really clean looking and having all the old screw bosses you aren't using welded up or filed off makes the engine look like it belongs in the car cool.gif

Wish I had an engine to do it lol

sweet dime no matter what direction you go though

Ya, the intake mani is using every port it has and the exhaust mani is a log style that is shaved and ceramic coated.

Hey Guys, used uShip and a freight service company called Global Logistics Services.

They quoted me $145 plus $35 for insurance ($6500 worth)

All together it is $188.... They pick it up on Monday.

I will let you know how it turns out....

It's packed nice and solid! All 270lbs of it!

The block is sandwiched in between plywood and then strapped to pallet.

(Pallet, plywood screwed to pallet, Block, plywood on top, banded around block twice,

then shrink wrapped to hell all around in every direction!)

PART_1330978332880.jpg

Well, uShip has came through for the first half of it's obligation...

A Consolidated Freightways truck just left with my motor.

The BBB has them at an "A" rating. No real complaints on the company.

So it seems legit so far. We will know when they arrive safe and sound at Mazworx with my stuff.

All in all, it looks like it's a $188 well spent.

I'll keep you informed of the details. Should be about 6 days till delivery....

Looks freakin sweet dude! My vote goes for blacking out the front of the core support and intercooler but leave the grill polished. So classy. I would also stay away from the black on the frame rails, go body color! However you do it up I am sure it will be beautiful. What is your HP target?

• Like 1

Looks freakin sweet dude! My vote goes for blacking out the front of the core support and intercooler but leave the grill polished. So classy. I would also stay away from the black on the frame rails, go body color! However you do it up I am sure it will be beautiful. What is your HP target?

Thanks for the input...

Upon further thought, I may just polish up the Intercooler cause painting it with just spray paint may decrease its cooling efficiency and it's bank to have it ceramic coated...

Although silver or black ceramic would be dope!

It also may be easier to clean if the frame rails were shot with clear like the rest of the bay too...

HP is not my target for this stage of the build. Reliability is. (although I will not settle for less than 300whp)

With my current turbo setup and fuel delivery, the most I can hope for is 350-400whp.

Later after my motor is broken in and all the bugs worked out (and I get used to the power) AND I take care of traction... then I will maybe get a bigger turbo and go for a little more power.

But as you may know, 350 is PLENTY for these little street machines... I already keep up with STi's and EVO's.... The only thing they have on me is traction.

Well, Mazworx received my motor shipment yesterday!

It is on, they did inventory of my parts and sent me parts list. Gave my motor build a W/O# and said they will be starting on my motor in 2 weeks.

First thing they will do is Clean the block and replace all of the freeze plugs and then sleeve the block. Next they will Machine the journals.

I supplied them with some Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers (RAS) but they said that they don't ever use them and don’t recommend them and won't install them.

A better option is to do the dual guide conversion where they will machine the rockers to accept 2 guides instead of 1. This will better prevent the rockers

from separating where it has 2 guide shims instead of 1.

Damn, this motor is going to be built RIGHT!

Haha sounds like a lot of fun. Your car is still the best looking 510 iv seen. I love the blue you have any idea what the color code is? Thanks

Hey Tricky, Thanks! Feels good to hear that after all the work that has already gone into it.

Even after theis motor build, I feel I have several big things to do before I feel it is done tho.

I try to stay Nissan when ever possible so I am glad the color is Daytona Blue. It is off of the 350Z....