"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It made me smile to see everything they'd written on the packaging. It's nice to see people have fun with what they're doing, and to take things lightly and have a good time - gave me a good laugh.

Your car is beyond impressive, and makes me wish I had some finesse with the execution of my project. Keep it up, brother.

• Like 2

It made me smile to see everything they'd written on the packaging. It's nice to see people have fun with what they're doing, and to take things lightly and have a good time - gave me a good laugh.

Your car is beyond impressive, and makes me wish I had some finesse with the execution of my project. Keep it up, brother.

Thanks allot man., Means Allot!

I was also pleased to find that these guys have a good sense of humor. Pure enthusiasts!

To me it means that it is still a happy shop which also means that that they are still loving the details of the job.

So many shops are getting so burnt out and make all kinds of mistakes that further lead to more burning out.

So I got some things done this weekend.

Got all of the intake side on; cleaned, lock-tite'd and torqued down.

Pulled everything off and gave it all the once over. Cleaned, de-greased, wire brushed, sanded, wiped down, etc.

Also cleaned and painted my Motor Mounts Black.

So nice to have clean parts to work with B)

Also got the exhaust side off but ran into a few problems with seized bolts and studs. After several trips to the local

auto stores, I just went ahead and ordered a new Exhaust Stud kit to set everything straight again.

Also need a few more AN fittings for the block. Ordered those too.

Just got my new tranny bolts in so now I can get it onto a stand and get some other parts onto it.

So here are a few progress pics....

Before:

2012-04-11195151.jpg

After:

2012-06-02234044.jpg

2012-06-02234201.jpg

Old Motor Stripped:

2012-06-03173637.jpg

2012-06-03173647.jpg

• Like 1

i had a friend back in the day that was sponsored by Amsoil... i wonder how hard that is... you would be a good candidate.

Do you have to race to be sponsored? Cause as of right now, I have no plans to race it in the near future.

It would be so much cheaper if I were sponsored!! ... hahaha

I wanna be there when you fire this up... :lol:

I'll bring my DSLR and GoPro!! :D

Wait so you have two SRs?... > :)

Oooo, first on page 13!

Ya, 2 SR's.

I have always wanted to build a motor but this stroker one was not it.

So I am going to, at my leisure, rebuild my other one. I will still do forged internals, cams and such but mostly all stock specs.

Shit, my old one needed the timing components redone and still made a solid 250hp at the wheels. So Stockish is fine.

But that will have to wait for a while....

Other parts trickling in...

A Billet Aluminum Fuel Pump Bracket for my Bosch 044.

New Exhaust Manny Studs and nuts

A torx driver kit to disassemble my HID Ballasts for custom paint.

I bought new studs for my exhaust manifold and I couldnt get the old ones off so I gave up. I might have to revisit that.

What ever you do, don't break the fucking easy-out! Left-handed drill bits have worked well in the past, also.

I've busted two easy outs on the damn fender bolts. I had to remove the fenders and take them out with vice grips on the inside.

• Like 1