Rustina510 wagoon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks about your car Rustina. The rest of us are just lucky that it hasn't happened to us yet. I had an old Camry that some people decided to take for a joy ride until it was no longer drivable. I got it back and the interior of the car had the same appearance as the engine bay in my 510 -- caked in grime.

If I were you, I would thoroughly check into the legality of the shocker alarm before I start running it. It would really, REALLY suck to have someone steal your car and then come back and sue you for personal injury as well. Weirder things have happened. It's kind of like the old rule, if someone is breaking into your house and you need (absolutely have to) to shoot them, make sure they get shot/die inside your house or you could end up getting busted for defending yourself.

• Like 1

Finally got the portable tv, DVD, for the center console in the mail today, and a ps3 for the kids. The ps 3 will be in the back and covered in a fiberglass box im making with a door and a key so it wont be visable. This is also the same box the amp and subs eill be in and it will be all plugged into the monitor with wireless controllers, it will also be all plugged into the new stereo system I'm getting.

19F99CA4-0F1A-4EAD-938B-E08CB8F80612-2534-000003AE5BDCE834.jpg

I purchased all this shit before the car was broken into. But I'm also looking into a different stereo that has wireless blue tooth for my phone so I won't have to plug it into the stereo face, it will help the center console look cleaner with the phone doc

• 2 weeks later...

Went to pick and pull today for the half off special.

Found a 1983 maxima wagon with all the brakes and suspension on it.

So it's looking really good, the wheel will come in at least a full inch on each side.

So far I have only found 1 snag in the whole deal. The balljoint housing ring is way smaller on the 510 from this maxima strut.

C6ADFD94-BBBE-4CD1-8F79-5D6A13A0F026-3625-0000034B2B1A4FC0.jpg

16893781-4293-4998-AC58-93935135AB3B-3625-0000034AF0F6161B.jpg

B22F69CC-993B-47D2-B143-4067BB2B1749-3625-0000034AF57DE9F1.jpg

7B472025-FFE6-48C3-8588-C3D275BC67CB-3625-0000034AF95A1064.jpg

I pulled the arm off of a spare 510 strut I have and I can't just swap arms, the maxima in so big so it won't press in.

So... H5wagon thinks I should get a little spacer ring made to fill in the gap. Sounds good to me, watcha guys think?

Yeah I'm not going to. The maxi arm is too big for the wagon ball joint to press in. It just rattles around so that is not a option. Besides its about a 1/2" shorter than the 510 arm so...

Looks like it will be the spacer for the strut to match up to the smaller balljoint like h5 wagon said, no biggie I hope.

Also found some super cheap all American stainless steel shaft collars feo americanbearingco.com for like 6.80$ a piece so I'm hoping they show up fast, it looks like that's the last part I need to get all this shot done.

Will I need a new master cylinder? Like a bigger one?