Rustina510 wagoon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of the full maxima parts are on the prev Paige, American bearing co emailed me back after I made my order and said they no longer Carrie the 2" bore shaft collars. So I went through mcmaster Carr and they will be shipped out on Monday. Today I'm hoping I can take the maxima stuff apart and get it ready.

• Like 1

The ps3 won't be visible from outside.

And that's a ways away anyhoo

Took the strut assembly apart and removed the total and cut off a spring perch. Will be grinding it down smooth but I'll be sure not to take to much off so the collar with fasten reall tight.

Some pics. I hope they look better than my normal pic quality

E0E6814A-1795-44D7-9619-1F80071A6BFF-972-0000008AF38E84E6.jpg

E3EAA5E7-38B1-47B4-947D-F67DA7743769-972-0000008AF502EBFF.jpg

Cut it down more but didnt take a pic it's ready for grinding

E3EAA5E7-38B1-47B4-947D-F67DA7743769-972-0000008AF502EBFF.jpg

The spindle looked perfect and so did the bearings and pads, discs are vented and look serviceable.

0892B23A-A370-4773-A3D3-96E48C8605D3-972-0000008AF5ADDA6A.jpg

8E4FCC35-6A7B-429B-ACA9-677E27D88D4F-972-0000008AF67B70FC.jpg

Tomoorw I'm hoping to get them ready for the collars and clean and prime the calipers.

FYI, my car has the collars as far down as possible til the stock spring perch might touch. I am talking millimeters of clearance. Stock springs. And that is why my front end is that low. Actually when I redid my front end bushings, the front dropped another 1/2". I need to raise the front back up to where I had it.

I am not sure about maxima, but I measured, ZX is 2" shorter than 510.

Yeah these are a little shorter than zx stuff from whT I've read, and the brakes are also just a little smaller.

I won't be using stock perches or springs so I think I can go a bit lower than you and not have those clearance issues. I've been hunting around and have found more maxima struts and spindles, I'm thinking about making a few sets.

Also I am about to mail Tristan grind some specs for the strut spacer... The one I'll need to mount the balljoint to the strut firmly instead of having all that shitty ass extra room in their.

The strud I did today came

Out perfectly with no issues. Except I don't have a huge fucking wrench to pull out the insert ;)

Over all I'm starting to think this maxima stuff will work out even better than the zx stuff. It's just as easy to find parts and they cost WAY less because it's not zx premium sports car parts, it's just some cheap old wagon parts :()

Also I am about to mail Tristan grind some specs for the strut spacer... The one I'll need to mount the balljoint to the strut firmly instead of having all that shitty ass extra room in their.

Yeah, just let me know and I'll see if I can fill your loose gap with something hard and thick...Er... I mean I'll make a metal spacer to fill in the balljoint space.

I wish I could afford camber plates. But oh we'll. I really think this upgraded set up I'm workin on will make some vast improvement to the over all look an handling of the car so I'm really excited. Once this is done I'll go back to my fiberglassing on the center console and get that finished.

Will this car ever be done? Doubtful...

Maybe by the time my twins are ready to build their first cars it will be done. But I doubt it :)