I need a L 16 exhaust manifold

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the pipe end of the manifold that is warped. I was able to pull the studs out of mine, and then get a new 12" mill file, and file it flat. No, it was not easy, and it did take a while, but it was cheaper and faster than taking it to a machine shop, dropping it off, returning in a few days after it was done, and picking it up.

Ok to clarify, it's where the pipe connects, sorry. That sounds like an option & alot cheaper. A grinder can be used too as long as it's held flat against it. Another thing i want to do is replace the old ass studs & use grade 8 nuts & bolts w/ loctite, tired of them coming loose. TY DanielC

Pacific coast. I have a spare l16 Exhaust manifold. I bought it off ebay because it came with the Head pipe connection. Dont need the manifold. You can have it for free. Just pay for shipping. Its missing one of three studs.

Larry

Loosen them after running motor when hot, or torch the flange beside it if worried about breaking them off. Replace with SS studs, nuts and lock washers, never rusts, stronger than stock, bolts ALWAYS come off no trouble even years later.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.