1964 Datsun NL320

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan must be a 1/4 inch away from the radiator or less, this is incredible, I would have never thought it would fit. I had to go outside and look at my engine to see if the water pump was that flat. I really wish I could see this in person. Does this pickup have a functional heater? From looking at the photos I say no, but sometimes I don't see so well. Beautiful pickup, did it ever run in this configuration? What a great vehicle your uncle offered you. Welcome to Ratsun

The fan must be a 1/4 inch away from the radiator or less, this is incredible, I would have never thought it would fit. I had to go outside and look at my engine to see if the water pump was that flat. I really wish I could see this in person. Does this pickup have a functional heater? From looking at the photos I say no, but sometimes I don't see so well. Beautiful pickup, did it ever run in this configuration? What a great vehicle your uncle offered you. Welcome to Ratsun

YEAH. THE fan has been shaved down. It did run and drive before it was parked. I'm not sure on the heater. I am just going to get it running and driving properly and then work out little kinks like that. I really need to vacuum it out and clean up the interior. Also, I tested out the lights and I need to replace a few bulbs.

Wow, what a great project, all the hard part has been done conversion wise, now all you need to do, is make it dependable and functional. Could you take photos of the fan if you pull it out to show us how it was shaved, I always use stock equipment unless it is impossible to do so, the stuff lasts forever almost, and modern equipment seems to always have issues. Makes you wonder about a VG30. :lol: :lol:

the only issue i see in a VG is the stock steering shaft might be in the way....

What about the trans cover/hump inside the cab? Did they have to cut the cab floor at all? So cool man. Talk about a shoehorn!

people talk about putting in an A series as tough, never would have thought an l would fit without a hack job. great truck you have there :thumbup:

This is an A block in a L320, I thought the tranny was the hard part, the oil filter issue was fixed by using the 521 idler arm, as it is much smaller.

DSCF0018.jpg

What about the trans cover/hump inside the cab? Did they have to cut the cab floor at all? So cool man. Talk about a shoehorn!

It wasn't an issue for me fisch, the issue was that the tranny mount was almost on top of the torsion bar cross member(A block dogleg 5 spd.), and I was unable to remove/install the tranny with the engine in position, and was unable to install the engine/tranny combo as a unit either, I had to install the tranny, then drop the engine in and connect them together, what a pain in the ass that was. :lol: The only hole I had to cut/relocate in the tunnel cover was the shifter hole, I did foget to mention though that my truck was a 65, it had the floor shift stock, so the tunnel cover might have been taller to start with.

From what I can see the trans tunnel doesn't look like it has been cut. Although it may have a different one in it as I have a second tunnel in the parts that came with it.

From what I can see the trans tunnel doesn't look like it has been cut. Although it may have a different one in it as I have a second tunnel in the parts that came with it.

Can you get photos of the tunnel please,:lol: obviouly it is a floor shift now, how close to the seat is the shifter? The inquiring ratsun mind wants to know,:P this is a conversion that nobody has that I know of without a major hack job, so we all want to look at it to see how it was done. I have seen how you can have a heater fast, but it doesn't help with the defroster issues, I seen a heater box behind the seat on the passinger side with long heater hoses for supplimental heating, must have been cold where they lived.

Can you get photos of the tunnel please,:lol: obviouly it is a floor shift now, how close to the seat is the shifter? The inquiring ratsun mind wants to know,:P this is a conversion that nobody has that I know of without a major hack job, so we all want to look at it to see how it was done. I have seen how you can have a heater fast, but it doesn't help with the defroster issues, I seen a heater box behind the seat on the passinger side with long heater hoses for supplimental heating, must have been cold where they lived.

PICS ARE UP.

I am from Vancouver, WA and the truck was in Ridgefield, Washington originally. So, temperature wasn't particularly an issue. There is tons of extra stuff in the parts that came with it. If you know anyone that needs a 1966 520 front bumper, I have one! Brand New in the plastic. I also have a 320 front grill.

PICS ARE UP.

I am from Vancouver, WA and the truck was in Ridgefield, Washington originally. So, temperature wasn't particularly an issue. There is tons of extra stuff in the parts that came with it. If you know anyone that needs a 1966 520 front bumper, I have one! Brand New in the plastic. I also have a 320 front grill.

Do you have a photo of the grill? What year grill is it? I might be interested in the 66 bumper as I have a 66 520. I have lived in vancouver all my life, over half a century, and I never seen that pickup, but I wasn't looking either. PM sent wayno

Do you have a photo of the grill? What year grill is it? I might be interested in the 66 bumper as I have a 66 520. I have lived in vancouver all my life, over half a century, and I never seen that pickup, but I wasn't looking either. PM sent wayno

I'll put a picture of the grill in a second.