1964 Datsun NL320

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that supposed to mean? ;)

I didn't mean anything really, sometimes one starts doing things, like adding something to the engine oil to clean the block and then everything starts to leak. I once bought a engine from what I thought was a reputable engine rebuilder, just because I thought it would be a good idea as my block was leaking oil/using oil, was the biggest mistake of my life, and I could'nt get the old block back either, in the end I sold that truck just to get rid of it, it was a lemon, I went threw 3 headgaskets and two blocks in less than a year, I lost my ass on that truck, bought it for $8000.00, put an engine in it, sold it two years later for $3000.00, and it sat in a field most of that two years, I loved it to death.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ryan, love the truck, those Titan wheels look awesome! I've got 16" red steelies and I thought that looked tough.. Anyway, I am looking to swap in a brand new L20b with the 280z 5 speed and saw that you were still running the stock rear end. How is this on the freeway? Are you looking into swapping out the rear gears or does it keep up with traffic. I plan on daily driving but I'd like to make a run out to the desert every now and then. Thanks for any help with this and I look forward to seeing any updates!

• 2 months later...

So I have been doing a lot of work on the truck lately.

• replaced rear wheel cylinders
  • fixed right rear crushed brake line
  • removed 2 leaf springs
  • new 2.5" exhaust with a knockoff Flowmaster
  • Seafoamed the engine
  • put the 14" rims back on with 195/45R14 Falken Azenis
  • replaced the rear shocks with Monroes
  • replaced the transmission output seal
  • resealed the oil pan and welded the cracks in the pan
  • started stripping the floor and bed for paint
  • replaced the coolant

IMG_0772.jpg

• Like 1

I like those wheels better :)

I love that color against the silver/gray background. Even the pics on the other page......the background is nearly all the same color of blah! LOL! Sure makes your truck stand out even more!!

I like those wheels better :)

I love that color against the silver/gray background. Even the pics on the other page......the background is nearly all the same color of blah! LOL! Sure makes your truck stand out even more!!

It is pretty dreary here sometimes. I miss Washington.

• 3 weeks later...